• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

breeds

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You used to bad mouth the liberals tom. Especially Ralph Goodale. So get off your high horse and give us a break.

Comment

Katoe,

Glad you brought up Minister Goodale and the
      Liberals.

They knew better... but used us to maintain the power
      they had. Goodale voted against CWB reform... which
      appeared to be partisan politics...

Which is 'what is wrong with politics' far too often.

History will be the judge...

AND Katoe... we know who it will judge very harshly.

My conscience is clear!

IS YOURS?

Cheers

Comment

Ya Tom load your truck and run the border. If they let u thru keep going and take all your pulpet BS with u. I'm sure Bill O'Reilly and the likes of Glenn Beck will listen to your TRUTH's. LORD knows there totally honest folk.

Comment

Seabass

Every time our truck unloads in town
          now... This happens... The border comes
          to our farm.

Nifty how that works!

Thanks for reminding me how PM Harper
          and Minister Ritz had the political
          fortitude to stand against the:
          Fearmongering, Intimidation, and
          Deception the CWB single desk 'ludites'
          hurled against our: freedoms, families,
          and farms.

A good example of hope faith and loving
          power, the honest political courage, to
          stand against; such injustice and
          corruption.

Cheers

Comment

Your absolutely right Tom.
            Some of these poor souls just don't get it.

Comment

When I posted this gem it was just to be food for thought. I never thought it would generate much of a discussion but, glad it did. When I read this I thouht it was cute, mischievous and even got a chuckle of it. But, for good reason it stuck with me and I thought what a bunch of BS.
              Why is it that every politician has to surround themselves with spin doctors and message mangers. The general public is not daft!
              Tom, this message was not meant to offend anyone but more food for thought..
              And when you ask am I a politican? I don't follow you on this one. Should you be asking if I'm thinking about going into the political race, the answer would no. I have to much integrity for that nonsence..

Comment

The public is utterly and hopelessly daft.

All politicos share one axiom"when it becomes
                serious you have to lie".

Comment

Tipsy,

Then to be truthful, you are a part of the problem of:
                  'What's wrong with politics'.

Agriville is an amazing opportunity... for us all to take
                  a look in the mirror.

ME INCLUDED.

I have run and been in public office for over 30 years.

For you to say:
                  "Should you be asking if I'm thinking about going into
                  the political race, the answer would no. I have to much
                  integrity for that nonsence.."

This shows an unfair judgement of many of those who
                  serve; in good conscience, with integrity. Walk a mile
                  in the shoes of the one serving the public.

To be done fairly...It is the of one of highest calling...
                  and one of the most difficult jobs that can be
                  attempted.

I have been called a Maverick, Big mouthed,radical...
                  because I stand up for principal and object when
                  'politically correct' things are done... that are not fair.

Tipsy...I am not offended... this is a great discussion to
                  have... write those who serve you and thank them for
                  the good things they do...

As well as the mention of missed opportunities.
                  We can disagree... without being disagreeable!

Cheers

Comment

Tom: I would really like to meet a politician who "served me"...they may "serve" but it ain't fer me...its fer THEM and them that they answer to.

Canada has always been a country of POWER BLOCS.

POWER=MONEY...MONEY=POWER...those are the only formulas you have to remember.

Comment

Count the number of people in your house,times that
                      number by 60,000,and that is how much the
                      government is in debt and spent on your behalf.

Comment

cottonpicken: Holy shit...in other words...I'M BROKE. Those bastards wiped me out.

Comment

Willy,

When I went AGAINST Minister Ritz on Canada Grain
                          Act reforms that looked to remove security on sales of
                          grain... TWICE... this was for the better of all grain
                          growers in western Canada. Go read the WD9 thread
                          on problems... it is a very complex issue.

The CWB reform and Long Gun Registry reforms... are
                          not any different. When the gov. puts in place changes
                          to the criminal justice system... that require murderers
                          to do real jail time... when judged to be insane... this is
                          true service to the people of Canada.

It is no justice if you can go off medication... kill
                          someone.., be declared criminally insane..., and then
                          get free two years later because now being
                          'rehabilitated' means your freedom. Like the guy who
                          cut off the head of another person... and is now free
                          on parole.

Cheers

Comment

What's wrong with politics you ask.....

People like Justin trudeau is what's wrong with it.

Next thing Ben Mulroney will be "groomed" for some political job. Pun intended.

Bobo Rae is what is wrong. No conviction other than to live off the public purse.

Rural municipalities that each have an administrator making 40 grand a year for 30 minutes worth of work. Its too bad the NDP wanted to force amalgamation instead of asking politely.

Politicians that have no vision because they can't make tough decisions because they might offend a group. Stagnates the economy and progress of a province.

As much fanfare as there is/was about T.C. Douglas he lived in a time when tough decisions were made because he was elected to do so. Same goes for deifenbaker, gardner, etc.

People can bitch about grant devine, but he had a vision and made decisions, some good , some bad. Still - decisions.

All people that get involved in politics do is study shit to death. And everyone involved makes a shit load of money in meetings.

Here is another one. Maybe not so political. anyway. Moose Jaw is building a new hospital. The current one has a hyperbaric chamber c/w a doctor to run it. It is the only one between edmonton and toronto. It was donated by an anynomous group. They decide not to make provisions to have this service in the new hospital. So in one swoop they lose a service, and the ability to raise funds because people won't donate if their money is treated like that. There are more details but you get the drift of the story. Lack of vision.

Comment

Half of my sheep are Canadian Arcott, and half are Dorset. But as a handspinner, I would like it a lot of they were Ramboulette. ;-) They really do have nice fleece. There aren't a lot of Ramboulettes around here, so I got what I got.

If you've got Ramboulette sheep, and you can produce a nice clean fleece, there's a value added market for those fleece direct to spinners. They've got to be clean though. I'm not sure what the commercial price is, but to a handspinner, you may be surprised at what's considered a fair price. There are more spinning wheels out there than you would know, as well.

What I've heard about Ramboulette sheep is that they can be a little flighty, but that's the only negative I've heard. It's the Merino in them that makes them that way.

Does anyone know how the lambs work out? I sold two bottle fed Arcott wethers last fall at 21 weeks that weighed 110 pounds each. How does that compare?

Comment

I have had only one set of lambs as of yet but in my case i did not get that good of gains,having said that i bought some better genetics this year and am hoping for better gains.Was wondering if you have a high number of twins and do they both gain well and also how you pasture and winter feed as well.Any insight or ideas would be appreciated,thanks.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.