• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farming for Profit - Seminar and Trade Show

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farming for Profit - Seminar and Trade Show

Friday February 21 at Provost, Alberta
    9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Larry Ruud, Meyers Norris Penny on Managing Through a Drought

Don Bousquet, Resource News, on Planting in 2003

Albertha Van Wageningen, Horticulturist, on Horticulture in Challenging Times

Hon. Shirley McClellan, Alberta Deputy Premier and Minister of Agriculture

Dr. William Tierney, Professor of Agriculture Economics, Kansas State University

Tierney doesn't get to Canada very often and there is a good speaker lineup. It's worth the drive to Provost, Alberta.

I'm going to see if I actually get rich as soon as I cross the Alberta border!!

See you there!

Sorry - Tierney's Topic is "Risk Management from a Canadian Perspective"

Comment

It'll be interesting to see how Dr. Tierney approaches the question.

I was at a conference recently where another US academic addressed the same problem. He summarized his presentation by saying that successful farms succeed by "doing the right things, not doing things right". By that he explained that being the best producer didn't assure success, like it did years ago, but being a good producer and a very good financial manager and marketer went a long way toward assuring success. Some of the chatter I heard after his presentation was that:
      -it's way more satisfying and enjoyable to excell at production than to sit at a desk and manage the numbers.
      -there's too much work to do on a farm to have time to sit at a desk.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...