• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FENCING

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FENCING

KATO-INTERESTED TO KNOW HOW ELECTRIC FENCE WORKS OUT,SO FAR WE HAVE BEEN USING FIELD FENCE,IT WORKS GOOD BUT IS EXPENSIVE.

We finally got some finished yesterday. It's likely too soon for a final assessment, but so far so good. Cattle guy husband won out over sheep girl wife, and we compromised on only a four wire fence. Spaced 7 inches apart. Not enough, in my opinion, but what can you do? Lol. With Bob the wonder donkey on patrol I'm not worried about keeping coyotes out, just sheep in.

I got an amazing weed whacker thingy, and cut the grass under the wires, so it's putting out a pretty good charge. 5.4 jules or so. My electrician son says the fence should have no vegetation on it, so I will listen to him. It sure makes a difference. The sheep are trained to electricity from the portable net fence, so they seem to be behaving pretty well. I think as long as the power is on we should be good. If it goes out, that's a whole other story!

Comment

Thanks,hopefully the four wires work for u but i think i will go with seven i like chasing other peoples livestock but not my own.As far as coyotes our dogs have been killing them or teaching them to keep there distance so i don;t fence for predator control.

Comment

I would prefer more wires too, but I'm only half of the team. Lol. If the power was down, more wires would probably keep them in just fine. We can always add wires later if this doesn't work.

Only having a small flock that comes when they are called helps too. If we had a big bunch, the fence would have to be more sheep proof.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...
        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.