• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB critic almost killed

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWB critic almost killed

Parsley;

I heard today the Ken Dillan, the Prairie Centre's commentary writer was found in southern Manitoba, near death.

I understand he is in Regina Hospital, in ICU with a very serious concusion.

I understand he fades in and out of conciousness, after this very serious head injury.

Keeping Ken in prayer for a speedy recovery would be much appreciated!

None of this is worth your life, my
    God what is wrong with people these
    days? I hope they catch the bastards
    that did that.

Comment

Tom4, What happened, accident or foul play?

Comment

Wedino;

The family is very concerned... and wants to keep things quiet... yet things being made public could be our best defence.

Minister Goodale was warned by the Stranding Committee... that the CWB issue is destructive to our farm society.

Ken and Andy M. were working very intensively on the Justice Dept. corruption on this Customs, Justice and CWB trail of how this farmer situation developed.

Offensive phone calls are being made on behalf of single desk candidates... then when Macklin is confronted he says these people are not part of his official campaign...

MNP says there is nothing they can do about the election dirty tricks.

We really do live in Sovietcanuckistan

Comment

C'mon folks it is both very irresponsible and perverse to try and manufacture a connection between this man's health and the CWB debate. If you know something as fact Tom, then share it, if not, you should be very very ashamed of yourself for using this persons health, a private matter, to advance your own ideology. This is a public forum and certainly no place to engage in fear/rumour mongering.

Comment

Ken Dillen had finished writing a draft on some of the Access to Information material he and Andy McMeachan had purchased. The material concerned the border runs, the farmers, Farmers for Justice, the CWB and the Government. It was to be posted this week on farmersforjustice.com Too bad he didn't get a chance to post it on there.

He was hit very hard on the back of the neck and went into a coma and remains in the hospital.

Parsley

Comment

Parsley, Accident or foul play?

Comment

From what I understand it was not from falling. No weapon found. No robbery as his wallet wasn't taken. No one around. Small town.

Parsley

Comment

DYNO:

If there is even a small chance that foul play is involved... and a CWB single desk violent person is on the rampage... It is my responsibility to warn everyone... including you DYNO.

AND from all accounts, it is more than a small chance... SO

DYNO... I though I was being discrete.. sensitive... I told the situation to warn others who live in southern MB.(and everywhere else in the "designated area") that they should be aware of this risk, as Others in Southern Manitoba have had shots fired through vehicles because of the Customs/RCMP problems.

And remember, One person McKay is already dead, the person who killed him was found hung in a high security facility designed to prevent suicide... so this is not fear mongering... IT IS SAD.

WE have big problems DYNO... and your lack of concern for the saftey of CWB choice marketing supporters is disturbing to say the least!

Comment

Tom, good grief, no really, get outside, go for a walk, methinks you have watched too many hollywood movies, listen to yourself for goodness sake. In the meantime let the main concern be for this gentleman's speedy and safe recovery.

Comment

News Release News Release News Release News Release News Release News Release News Release

Date November 26, 2002

Prairie Centre Journalist Brutally Assaulted In Melita MB

Left For Dead Outside Hotel

Ken Dillen is a columnist with Regina based Prairie Centre For Agriculture. A former MLA, he has been actively involved in investigating and publishing information regarding the CWB monopoly for several years.

On Tuesday November 19th he was meeting in the S.W. Manitoba area with farmers who had been prosecuted by the CWB and spent time in Jail. Ken was reviewing some of the stacks of documents he had received from the Access To Information Commissioner with Andy McMechan of Lyleton and Bill Cairns of Tilston. Some of these documents implicate very powerful people and would be damaging to the CWB.

Later that evening he was having a meeting with Bill’s son-in-law at the Melita Hotel. Ken was last seen talking to the hotel manager at about 11 pm before returning to his hotel room.

Some time later that night, Ken was struck from behind with an expert blow with a sharp heavy object that would likely have killed him if it had been 2 mm over. He was possibly on his way to his vehicle but he was found with no shoes or jacket. The hotel security cameras were knocked out.

Ken made it to his vehicle where he lost consciousness. He was found several hours later and remained in a coma for 2 days in a Regina hospital. He has since regained consciousness intermittently but has only regained 20% of his brain function. A great deal of fluid remains.

No theft occurred. There was no altercation in the hotel. The other patrons, of whom there were only 4, are not involved. Ken is not known to have any other relationships in the Melita area.

The RCMP is not treating this as a criminal investigation. The file on this incident was transferred from Melita to Virden 2 days later. It is not known why.

Norm Colhoun says, "Ken Dillen is in Room 5, Ward 5A, Regina General Hospital. He has been moved out of ICU. His son Kevin is at his bedside. Kevin is to be married on December 7 in Ann Harbour, MI. Ken will not likely be able to attend".
                      Norm did not speak to Ken or his companion Darlene but says, "Kevin is very suspicious of the circumstances and is hesitant to speak to anyone."
                      Norm also reported that "Kevin has my number and I am at his assistance should he, Darlene or Ken need anything while in Regina".

For more Information contact:

Virden RCMP 204 748-2046
                      Prairie Centre: 306 352-3828
                      Norm Colhoun: 306 522-5050

Comment

This is what I know as fact;

Ken Dillon was staying at the Melita Motor Inn last tues night.

Ken was working with Andy M preparing more Access to Information documents for release.

The bar was next to empty and no altercations took place inside the establishment.

Ken did not appear to be impaired beyond what would be normal with the consumption of 2 or 3 beers.

Ken was last seen heading to his room sometime between 11 PM and 11:30 PM

Ken was found in a pool of his own blood sometime Wed. AM

His injuries are consitent with those recieved by being struck at the back of the head and neck with a heavy blunt object (like a 2x4)

The files which contained the documents which he and Andy had been working on, were taken by the RCMP as part of their investigation.

The investigation has been transfered to the Virden RCMP from the Melita detatchment (Virden would be considered the main or head SW MB detatchment)

When asked today (Mon. Nov 25) the Melita RCMP detatchment only said that the incident is under investigation.

This contridicts (somewhat) what the Virden Detatchment was saying. The Virden detatchment was saying that they did not consider this to be a criminal investigation.

Question: If this is not considered a criminal investigation, it can only be one other thing and that is an accident.
                        If the RCMP have concluded it was an accident, why would you transfer the investigation? Is Melita incapable of investigating an accident like someone falling down and bonking their head?

Also if they have concluded that this was an accident why did they take the personal property (Ken's CWB files)of the accident victim and then not return them? Is it standard procedure in the investigation of an accident to confiscate the personal property of the victim?

How can the RCMP conclude that this is not a criminal investigation, when they haven't been able to talk to the victim yet?

There are a number of people I know who are now conserned for their personal safety and having the RCMP sending out mixed messages is not very comforting.

All we want is the truth and the facts that support the truth. Foul Play or Accident.

PS, the Melita sidewalk chatter is; a man was beat-up ..., and did you hear about the guy who was beaten up with a 2x4..., or this guy was hit with a 2x4...

NOT, ...there was this accident... or did you hear about this guy who fell and ...

The speculation is rampant and will only gain momentum until such time as the RCMP issues a statement of it's findings.

Comment

Dyno;

I am sorry you have no idea... what farmers working for marketing choice ... have gone through.

Or do you?

The parliamentary Standing Committee was right, the CWB debate IS destructive... evil... and wrong.

Dyno; we do live in a free and democratic country, one that our forefathers fought and died to maintain our freedom... at great sacrifice to their Country, Communities, and Families.

We have an obligation to respect their sacrifice... none of this was hollywood, and neither are things at the CWB.

I have had every mind game in the book played on me to induce me to violence... this is why I do understand that we have a problem with our Justice system in Canada.

I totally am committed in bringing about CWB change WITHOUT VIOLENCE.

I only hope and pray that this committment can be assured from the "Monopoly" side... even if this is not the case, I will give my life, I will not hurt someone on the other side of the marketing choice CWB issue.

I have been threatened by Senators to farmers that I will be thrown in Jail for standing against CWB corruption.

Dyno, please understand that freedom of choice is at the base of the human experience... a life without choice is not life at all... it is a robot performing duties for the master.

I hope Canadian society cares more for "designated area" producers, than to expect that they are robots, have no feelings or aspirations or love for their families, neighbours or communities.

We will never surrender our freedom, we may be killed, but the spirit of freedom will live on for ever.

Dyno, or do you know something we do not...

Comment

Wow, paranoid producers unite, they are all out to get you, all levels of government, the media, eastern Canada, the universities, friends, neighbors, strangers! I thought I could join a COMMODITY MARKETING website forum to talk about COMMODITY MARKETING! It appears this is just a strange and weird place for the extremely paranoid to have their rant. To Julie, Lee and Charlie, my sympathies, you have to stay here and engage these folks. I, on the other hand can do what any reasonable and sensible person would do, say goodbye and find a place where COMMODITY MARKETING is actually discussed. Please stay and continue your conspiracy theories, that way you can't hurt anyone outside this goofy little world you inhabite.

Comment

Dyno;

What do you think Ken's family would say about how you have just judged us?

Why has what you have pronounced upon our community, so unfeeling, uncaring, and offensive?

Do you have all the answers to our questions?

Why was I told in 1996 by a top RCMP official... that the RCMP are not peace makers or keepers, they are politicians?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...