• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Value your wheat for me.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Value your wheat for me.

http://energy.cas.psu.edu/energyselector/cornfuel.html.

If you use these graphs how often have you sold wheat for less than you bought oil/propane etc?
    Wheat has slightly better value than corn I believe.

Could even proove CWB not gaining a premium for lower grades over energy value at least.

Comment

Ianben;

I went to this site and could not find the tables for energy values you were writing about... could you expand your findings Please?

By the way Ianben; are we all a bunch of parinoid basket cases as Dyno proclaims?

Comment

http://energy.cas.psu.edu/energyselector
        Try this address Tom.
        I have used wheat as corn slightly better calorific value I believe
        Then I compared feed wheat exfarm to price I have payed for delivered oil propane and coal to my farm over past 5yrs.
        Often in the burn corn sector.

If this is the case in Canada always wondered why more grain not turned into energy especially low grades from the high cost transport areas.

Could you produce electricity locally from wheat and export it to US down the power lines without a licence?

I sure hope that guy gets better and the truth comes out. Sounds very a strange business and the timing???

You asked once why farmers in UK could not work together.
        How long will it be before the hatred generated between those infavour of reform and those against will allow any co-operation in Canada.

It is an important issue.
        Is there not a third way which would not provoke the emotions quite so much.

Could wheat for energy be part of a solution?

Could you not e

Comment

Ianben;

You are absolutely right... not only the wheat and barley... but the chaff and straw as well could change the whole economics... especially if integrated with wind and solar power...

The potential is really great... thanks for bringing it to our attention.

You are right about the CWB... we must get past this situation... it will not be easy... so many more constructive things could be done with our time!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...