• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maltster/CWB Program

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maltster/CWB Program

Has anyone shipped malt barley under the Maltster/CWB advance payment program on malt barley. Was the final delivery point to a maltster or did it go off shore/export?

Without going into details, I talked to someone tonight who delivered malt barley under the program (90 % pro value) and the destination for the barley was off shore (South Africa). Will make further enquiries whether was destined for Prairie Malt first and then exported as malt product (this makes sense) but my suspicion is not.

Let's see. Western Canada is exporting domestic malt barley at the same time importing malt barley from Denmark. Our domestic industry is scrambling for supplies. I can't criticize because I believe in letting the market work. Having said that, this doesn't seem to be the most efficient way to run a business.

Charlie;

Maybe the malt comming in is replacement for the lost production the CWB could not supply... and the CWB CAN pay danish farmers a cash price... where "designated area" farmers must take the lower price!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...