• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Payrole Three

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Payrole Three

In an earlier thread Vader say's he has been told that there were 4300 wheat contracts for CWB wheat last year and to 70 different countries.

When Ralph Goodale spoke in the house on Wed. he talked at lenght about Hehn, Ritter and Flaman, the "PAYROLE THREE", and how they had seen the light.

This got me thinking about each of these guys and how they each claim that once inside and have seen with their own eyes the premiums achieved by the CWB, and that they became so impressed their attitude changed automaticly.

Getting back to the 4300 contracts, I would like to know if Mr. Flaman, and Ritter as well have witnessed all 4300 contracts, calculated the total value and divided it by the total tonnage then subtracted the farmers costs which include all itemized costs as well as oportunity costs? This is of course the farmers value.

One or two premium contracts in a sea of discounted or low price contracts is irrelevant.

I wonder if they have done that kind of indepth analysis in order for them to draw the conclusions they have? Or was the good salary and per diems enough evidence for them to abandon what they once believed?

What do you think about all this Vader?

AdamSmith;

All the debates on how the CWB crops are sold are irrelevant.

Why?

This year, after all the struggle to get each bushel in the bin, and dry...

the least respect I can have for my neighbour is to give my neighbour the right to sell this product to the buyer of this person's choice...

The debate over CWB premiums will never end... and cannot be proven to the satisfaction of those who choose marketing choice.

This is not an issue for parliament to vote upon, any more than parliaments right to sell my childern into slavery... how can I say this?

Has anyone heard the term Farm Husbandry? Think about it for just a second... growing farm products is much like raising our childern... and the same emotional and physical attachment is involved...

This debate taken in the above light adds real depth to the reasons why voting on what a neighbour can or cannot do with the hard earned harvest this person has produced, can never be decided by a farmer vote or a parliamentary vote.

It is simply the freedom part of a FREE and democratic society.

What do you think AdamSmith, does this make any sense?

Comment

TOM4CWB is right. The issue is not if CWB people have done right, good or bad. It is my frredom to sell my product how ever I want.

I am marketer of pulses around the world. If the CWB has sutch good marketing skills, I would have no problem joining the tema if I am given the choice, but it is the choice that I demand, not dictatorship, and this dictator ship is coming very often in other areas from Mr. Chretian and his friends (but I believe the are getting less by the day).

Comment

I agree with you fellows 100%, the only point I was trying to make was that certain people have tried to suggest that the reason a few high profile CWB emplyee's did an about face was because they were privy to convincing sales data, I on the other hand believe these people simply sold out any principles they might have had and CWB preformance had nothing to do with it.

This also makes the case that the basic freedoms we're trying to achieve here need to happen immidiatly. No citizen of a free society should be forced to associate with people of such questionable character and principles.

Comment

AdamSmith,
          A business deal is only as good as the people you deal with

When chosing partners I want to do business with I will chose the "Parolees Thirteen", but I do not want to deal with the "Payrole Three".

Parsley

Comment

Ditto, parsley

Comment

Question? Does anyone know how many of the CWB directors (If any)used to be farmers that went broke or couldnt make a living farming?

Comment

les,

I don't know if Rod Flaman went broke but I do know he was looking for other business activities than grain farming. I was personally approached by him via email to market web sites in what appeared to me to be a pyramid type sales scheme. Not too long after, it came out in the news that the company was being investigated.

After doing a little research it soon becomes obvious that he's been very active looking to diversify into:

- Organic flax
                - vegetables
                - fish farming
                - growing hemp

I find his about turn on the CWB monopoly position suspect. He clearly spoke in favour of value-added processing and the unfairness of the buyback before his election to the CWB. But now that he is getting a fat cheque and other perks, these things aren't important anymore. There should definitely be a recall for turncoats like Flaman and Ritter!

"(Rod) Flaman also wants farmers to seriously diversify whether it's raising elk for the velvet in their horns, or growing ginseng or hemp. 'Why are we producing all of this wheat for export? It's not helping producers. The starving people of the world aren't benefiting, because they can't afford to buy our grain.'"

"Hemp is a perfect Canadian crop, Flaman says, though he himself isn't growing it. He wants Canada to cut down importing cotton, rayon and nylon and grow hemp for a made-in-Canada solution. 'Let's start producing something that we can consume here in Canada. Overnight we could displace 50 per cent of our wheat exports. And it would create jobs. The hell with exporting. We're just feeding the transportation system.' "

Excerpt from a Martin O Malley Column, CBC News Online, on a growing grassroots municipal tax revolt among Saskatchewan farmers.
                Source:
                http://www.hemphasis.com/hcfr/hcfr1092.htm

Subject: Re: Aquaponics questions/subjects
                Date: Mon, 09 Mar 1998 09:44:22 -0800

We have a grain farm on the Canadian Prairies. We have a couple of fish
                ponds that have goldfish in them in the summer. I would like to
                experiment with breeding tilapia.

Where can I get breeding stock of Oreochromis niloticus?

Rod Flaman
                http://www.i55mall.com/aquaponics/1998/03/19980309.html

From Rod Flaman's Web Site:

On our Farm we produce Flax, Lentils, Oats, Barley and Wheat
                We are currently selling OCIA Certified Organic Flax
                For your Wellness - Eat at least 1/4 cup of Flax every Day!
                Support Farming - Buy Direct!

http://www.southvalleyfarm.com/

CANADIAN FARMERS FOR JUSTICE WILLING TO TAKE CWB TO SUPREME COURT - U.S. farmers may find an unlikely alliance against the Canadian Wheat Board (CWB) in the Canadian Farmers For Justice (CFFJ), notorious for their illegal cross-border grain shipping last year. CFFJ Spokesperson Rod Flaman said recently that the group has applied to Industry Canada's competition bureau, asking that the wheat board's "alleged restrictive trading practices" be investigated.

The bureau denied the application, saying the board was acting within its statutory rights, and referred the complaint to the justice department. CFFJ is now raising money in the hope of spurring the competition bureau into action. "It would be nice to see the competition tribunal do what it was set up to do," said Flaman, adding that the farmers will pursue this case to the Supreme Court of Canada if necessary.

The heart of the issue is the board's buy-back policy. Flaman says the buy-back is unfair because farmers have to pay the asking price at export position in Vancouver or Thunder Bay, Ont., plus freight charges to get their grain back.

A board spokesperson said producers wishing to market their own grain pay the difference between the initial payment and the U.S. market price less freight. They still participate in the pool account. Excerpt from Western Producer Online
                Source:
                http://www.smallgrains.org/dtnfiles/071398.htm

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...