• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nov 02 Harvest...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nov 02 Harvest...

Charlie;

Any idea how much Canola/other grains has been taken off in Alberta?

Seems to me that a big chunk of what was left out, in the past week, is now being dried and marketed...

Ft. Sask canola crusher has a line up, of farm trucks, when I delivered yesterday...

Seems more Canola avaliable than many expected!

Many farmers in Edmonton Area finished or close to finished in the last couple of days!

Amount unharvested is a moving target. I think 25 % ish but some what of a guess. Lots of unharvested crop on my trip down highway 2 yesterday (Edmonton to Calgary). What are people seeing in their communities?

Still lots of canola being delivered on deferred delivery contract signed over the spring/summer. Don't look for this to change short term. Physical ownership/holding of canola will be only safe thing to do this year.

Comment

Lee queried what I meant by the above and re-reading need to explain. I was more referring to grain companies wanting to make export sales or crushers. This is not a year I would recommend either of these groups short the market. It is a concern I have in terms of demand over the winter in that when the grain companies/crushers start feeling uncomfortable about getting canola up the driveway of their facilities, then we are likely to see them withdraw from the market.

Comment

Charlie
        From what I hear the counties of Lacombe, Red Deer and Mountainview will all be considered snowed under unless there is a major change in the weather in the next two weeks. Most of it is canola but there is quite a bit of cereals left out at this time.
        Hopefully it gets very cold so we can wind the snow through the combine or it warms up enough to melt it and dry the straw up. The big concern in this area is straw for bedding that is still in the field. Alot was also baled tough so who knows what it will be like?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...