• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SovietCanukastan

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SovietCanukastan

Lee, and Charlie;

I attended the rally in Lethbridge on Oct. 31st, and what happened is amazing in Canada that day...

http://www.canada.com/news/story.asp?id={BF0DB6FD-6FAB-443A-8874-87E49BF96859}

"Today Alberta farmers will face punishment for doing what farmers are supposed to do and that's to raise, harvest and sell their crops," Klein said.
    "When decent, hard-working Alberta farmers are willing to take the extreme measure of going to jail for the sake of fundamental freedoms that other businesses take for granted, there is something wrong with the laws of the land."

Here we are, working to become better marketers... I personally have been invested in by the Gov. of Canada, literally thousands of dollars in marketing and management courses.

Yet when those skills are used... the government of Canada would rather jail innovative and hard working people, than allow marketing and business skills be used efficiently.

Lee, all the issues you spoke emotionally about to Parsley...

Are forgone and disputed by the CWB...

Farmers are to drive to the elevator... dump grain in the pit, and not ask questions...

This event will go down in Infamy...

Do we really live in a free and democratic society?

What happened to our Canadian Bill of Rights, did someone revolk it while I wasn't watching?

How can we have a constitutional law like the Canadian Bill of Rights, and at the same time have a justice system that totally refuses to admit that it is a Law in Canada?

How could this happen?

I brought this out in the Federal Court of Appeal... and the Judges snickered... and ignored the law...

Yet when it comes to prisoners rights and feelings... the Supreme Court, at great expence, creates new law... over turning Parliament's specific Laws... A novel idea according to many.

Please tell me how we begin to right the wrongs that have been done to my neighbours?

Thank GOD;

I see Jim Chatenay has not lost his sense of Humour!

http://www.nationalpost.com/home/story.html?id={D3779E98-8948-40C2-9955-1C1205EE3521}

SO Jim Chatenay will get out of prison on November 23rd, with the last grain farmer leaving prison on Dec 3... so everyone gets to go home for Christmas!

I wonder if Director Chatenay will be able to use time served at the CWB in the future... as community service to pay off the rest of his sentence?

Comment

The CWB Directors are in breach of the CWB Act. Chatenay informed them they are in breach. Why aren't they in jail, too?

Parsley

Comment

Parsley, What can we do legally here, will a class action suite bring this to a head? Can we win a case like this in court? I think Rod Flaman tried something like this before cwb bought him off.

Comment

wedino,
          The Directors and the Minister have a legal obligation to follow the Act. They are definitely in breach in some places. The Board has been officially notified by Chatenay. He asked them to answer questions, to make sure they are following the law. They did not answer. He has notified the Minister. And asked for answers. Goodale has a short window to respond. And he has a legal obligation to respond to his Acr being breached.

Chatenay has a legal process he must follow, though. He can't stand on the steps of the CWB building and yell, "My constiuents tell me the Directors are breaking the law" He has to follow a formal process to uncover what is the truth. A protocol.

But the bottom line is this wedino...the law is being broken...and it is ultimately the Minister's responsibility.

The hard part to swallow is that Flaman knew the law was being put under a blanket because he even wrote a paper on it, called, "The CWB Monopoly is a Hoax". He no longer seems to care about his legal responsibility. He is more concerned with preaching his new political philosophy, but I imagine he thinks that preaching WHY the single desk is so great will absolve them from their responsibility to uphold the legislation. It won't. "I broke the law because I like a monopoly" doesn't cut ice.

Goodale will probably try and download his responsibilities on the Board, and we all remember what happenened in Saskatchewan to the guys at the bottom of the pecking order...they did time! And some of these Directors who KNOW that their legislation is being breached will perhaps wish they had done something about it.

A class action suit would guarantee that the licensing costs, and some of the trade action costs would be put back into the pooling accounts, Pronto! But the class action suit cannot chase after how rotten the legislation is. It must chase after how the CWB applies the legislation
          And the CWB will lose. Big time, and they know it.

Parsley

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...
          X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
          You agree to our and by clicking I agree.