• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB Director Flaman Writes CWB Monopoly is a Hoax

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWB Director Flaman Writes CWB Monopoly is a Hoax

In February, 2001, Director Rod Flaman circulated a paper throughout the farm community and he titled it "The CWB Monopoly is a Hoax." This paper was written, while Flaman still looked at the single desk through the eyes of a farmer. Today, Flaman views the single desk through the eyes of a farmer on the CWB payroll.

Before he was elected, Flaman grew to understand that the single desk exists only because in-house Wheat Board policy allows it to exist The single desk exists because farmers in Western Canada cannot get export licenses. The legislation does not impose the buyback. The legislation does not impose the single desk. But it is there because of Wheat Board policy.

Here's part of what Flaman states in his paper:

"The wheat board says that they have a Monopoly and you are forced to sell your grain to them because they say you can not have other options. You are told that you cannot buy a license for any sum of money. In fact they say that all across Canada licenses are free. But......and this is a big one! Inside the designated area you have to buy your grain from the Wheat Board to get your "free" license. Outside the designated area you don't. Where does the law say that ???? It doesn't. This is a Hoax. And it is probably criminal. How long will Western Farmers be discriminated against as second class citizens?"
    . UNQUOTE

When you meet Director Flaman, ask him what the law says. Ask him if the buyback is a requirement in law to getting a license and get it on paper. He knows it isn't. He knew the buyback was a hoax when he looked at the Board through his farmer glasses. And he still knows it today now that he has become a poster boy for the Wheat Board. And it's probably criminal.

Parsley

We have argued this for about ten years. The problem is, that the courts, particularly the final court is governed by the leading party and not judging by the constitution but by the government instructions.

The constitution say: There shall be no monopoly. Trade and marketing shall be free as long as it does not puts the canadian freedom at risk.

Well, coming back to all the in's and out's, how and why the CWb was setup and some one forgott to dismantle it after WW2, the fact is that we could hold a referendume again on this to get the CWB removed, but will all farmers be infomed correctly or manipulated and affraid of changes.

I know my vote, but I am not sure about my neighbor selling his peas, beans, canola free but browning his pants for the HRSW and durum.

I have gone around this, growing as little CWB crop as possible. Maybe 0 - 15% of my farm income is from the CWB.

I am from Southern Alberta and we have a good feed market here, sure not all are in the same position but tonnage moved by the mighty CWB have droped by much and their is a reason for it.

With in 5 to 10 years the CWB will have dismantled itself, we either have to wait or push a bit more.

Electing directors into the CWB that have farmers interest in mind and not the CWB's interest would be one way.

Comment

You bet kslseed, and I know it seems as if I keep beating a dead turkey, but if we can elect a few Directors like Chatenay who will go to the Board table and pass a motion saying Prairie producers must be granted licenses the same as Ontario, and the feed mills and seed grower Director Art Macklin gets, and then get it passed, that will free up marketing for farmers. Board marketing will remain for those who need it and want it, but the 'single desk for all' will be gone. No court. No judges. No trials. Flaman knew that was his job at the Board table. And he was prepared to pass that motion when he was a farmer. Before he looked through green-colored CWB glasses.

Wouldn't it be nice if we elected a majority of directors who would be willing to pass that motion and give Prairie farmers the same privileges as the rest of Canadian applicants now enjoy?

Parsley

Comment

The problem with most of these directors(Jim Chatenay not included) is that the money they recieve corrupts their values and they cowtow to the bureaucrats and tow the CWB line. We need to elect people who will hold the spirit of their convictions inspite of the chance of being ostersized.

Comment

Rod;

You have put well the real problem with our political and legal systems as well.

If you want to be a judge... tow the GOV. line...

If you want to be a politician from an urban area... be a lawyer that is popular...

All lawyers are is actors, the better the acting, and convincing they can be.. the more cases they can win/money they will make... especially if they listen to what the gov. wants!

Honesty and truth have nothing to do with being a popular and sucsessful criminal lawyer....

It is sad but common sense is for the common person... professionals seem to get all tied up in themselves...

This is why King Ralph is so great at what he does... he uses common sense in many of the things he promotes...

And this really bothers both lawyers and politicians!

And King Ralph will admit that he is not perfect on top... and from time to time gets carried away... just like all us common folk do!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...