• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cost comparisons for farms

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cost comparisons for farms

Does anybody know where I can find some info on typical farm budget. There are some manitoba ag ones around but they seem inaccurate in places. I would like to see what the average debt/acre is & see if I am even in the ball park.I know margins are tight but I would like to know what is expected.This would be for a mixed farm Thanks

Try following this link to Alberta Agriculture's Ropin the Web: http://www.agric.gov.ab.ca/economic/product/farm_economics/cost.html Alternately, from the main menu follow the links to Economics, Production Economics and Financial Ratios. This information has been prepared by our Production Economics Unit. It presents information from their whole-farm data base. Much of the methodology is based on the work of Dr. David Kohl (Virginia Tech.)

Comment

You have asked a very difficult question for a mixed farm as debt per acre varies significantly starting at $0. It is also important to distinquish between Term debt and operating debts. I do not think you will find the information but consider that according to Agriculture Statistic 1996 Yearbook Alberta's total farm debt was $6.7 billion while total value of capital was $38 billion; total area of farms was 50 million acres,total land in crops 19 million acres,total cash receipts were $6.3 billion perhaps you can determine from this the 'average' debt from this information.As I indicated there are too many factors to arrive at a typical farm but these may give averages.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...
      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.