• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

taxable deductions

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

taxable deductions

I was just wondering what people get away with as far as tax deductions. Aside from the usual/ normal fuel, fert seed, etc. What other things do you deduct? Does anyone use groceries of any sort, or any of their vacations? I have heard of neighbours doing these kind of things but my accountant says its not doable. Are my neighbours just waiting on a time bomb with an audit or are they justified?

There is good intel coming out that the fed actually
    lent out 12.5 trillion during the last crisis.

Some top investment houses are literally cornering
    some markets.

Historical price ratios between gold-oil-grain have
    us extremely undervalued.

Nobody is showing up at the bond auctions-
    globaly-investers are realizing there is nowhere to
    run or hide except,tangibles.

Comment

Starting tonight, I'm hoping to see China and other countries in the market, buying the very last old crop stocks, in an attempt to quell and subdue any hungry stomachs they might have in their own countries, "the ones" needed to start riots and political turmoil.
      Disappointed with Friday close on MGE Wheat, hope it was profit taking and uncertainty on a Friday afternoon. Looking to see a big turn around there next week.
      USD up big, and still crude up 3-2.5, but Bean oil off and canola flat?

Comment

Don't cheat and sleep well at night.

I know a farmer who lost a large portion of his farm after an audit.

Cheating is not worth the risk in my opinion. Render unto Caesar and all.

Comment

I agree with FarmRanger. Keep it honest. Getting too creative with deductions can sink the farm. I always try to ensure if I am audited that Revenue Canada will owe me money, not the other way around.

Something that is completely honest and some may not know about is since 2009 you can defer tax on some sales of livestock if you were in an area designated as having excess moisture. Previously deferrals were available to areas affected by drought only. These designated regions are at:

http://www4.agr.gc.ca/AAFC-AAC/display-afficher.do?id=1287670615865&lang=eng

Comment

Tom,Pars,Charlie and et all,a few years back i
            proposed to you folks a reverse tech analysis to cwb
            sales and never received a response.

Now that you guys are slowly coming to grips with the
            way things work,are you still interested on the
            subject,or is this not interesting to you?

Comment

Set the table. I'm coming for an idea- snack. We'll see what kind of cook you are. lol Pars

Comment

<p></p>
                <p><strong>[URL="http://www.whitehouse.gov/administration/eop/perab/members/goolsbee"](This is what incompetence looks like.)[/URL]</strong></p>

Comment

The US financial crisis and commodities and the dollar are all linked. like it or not.
                  here is a very good account by a canadian on what happened and what may come.

http://rossmckitrick.weebly.com/uploads/4/8/0/8/4808045/us_financial_crisis.rm.pdf

Comment

<p></p>
                    <p><strong>[URL="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment/ambroseevans_pritchard/8291470/Egypt-and-Tunisia-usher-in-the-new-era-of-global-food-revolutions.html"](The good thing is we can feed ourselves!)[/URL]</strong></p>

Comment

Hey Cotton, Udders.....

Dis where some of that $12.5 Trillion went........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nOIMQWiFWY

Comment

Charlie, et al;

A house that cost $150K is now $340K

Land that cost $150K/qtr is now $350K

Fert that was $400/t is now $800/t.

Good help on the farm is $25/hr... was $12/hr.

Oil was $40/b now $80/b...

I get told $5/bu for my wheat is a GOOD PRICE! THis is true?

Now $14/bu is the same as $7/bu Canola?

We had 1.5-2 percent inflation per year?

NO WAY.

Have we entered a NEW erra?

Are we growers really more profitable???

Have income taxes actually gone down? NO because money is worth half of what it was... gov. still gets more!

Comment

Let me first say that I am in no way going to do something that's not right. I am not going backwards in an audit. However these guys I am talking about use chartered acountants that do this. They are accountable for what they do are they not? I don't use a CA so mine is quite conservative. Anyway I was just curious.

Comment

<p></p>
                            <p><strong>[URL="http://blogs.forbes.com/gordonchang/2011/01/30/egypt-is-the-next-tunisia-what-is-the-next-egypt/"](All people compare, don't we. Don't forget how we got where we are. Generations of head down, ass up, hard work.)[/URL]</strong></p>

Comment

We live in interesting times!! Twitter has dates for uprisings in all the middleast dictatorships.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.