• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Crop Pulse/Muistard Prices - Crop progress Show Saskatoon

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Crop Pulse/Muistard Prices - Crop progress Show Saskatoon

Did anyone go to the crop progress show in Saskatoon last week? This is usually the time that many of the pulse/alternative crop traders start posting new crop prices.

New crop prices (fall 2002) I heard coming out of this show are as follows.

Peas - edibles $4 to $4.50/bu for both greens and yellows. $3.75 to $4.00/bu for feeds.

Laird lentils - 17 to 18 cents/lb. Haven't heard any new crop prices for small/mid sized greens or reds.

Yellow mustard - 23 to 24 cents/lb. No new crop for brown or oriental.

Is this in line with what you are being offered? Any thoughts on other pulse and alternative crops? Canary seed?

Anything else coming out of Saskatoon in terms of prices/general feelings. A general comment I got is at least some optimism in spite of the tough year in 2001 and dry conditions going into 2002.

With respect to pea prices, I don't see farmers signing up anything at those prices. Hard to go from $6.75 to $4.50. I don't see any down side risk with those prices.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...