• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marketing High Protein Feed Wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marketing High Protein Feed Wheat

I was wondering if any one knows of any markets (preferably in the Edmonton area), that pays a premium for higher protein CWRS. I have some around 15% protein, feed grade, weight 59 lbs, moisture 14.5 - 15. Where can one post an inquiry on the internet?

I don't know exactly what you mean by feed wheat. I assume you mean CPW Red not badly shrunken CWRS. A good place to start to look for a market for high protein CPS wheat is API in Red Deer. Their phone number is (403)347-7557.

Comment

Sorry, crusher, you did say CWRS. I just talked to ARI and they are interested in a #3 CWRS (but not CWRS grading "feed") because they extract gluten, among other things, from wheat. Since you have a protein content on the wheat, I assume you've had a sample graded by the Canadian Grain Commission. If not, get one done at the CGC lab in Edmonton.

Also, do you have any blending possibilities on your own farm?

I'd also suggest you contact brokers such as Market Master at (800) 440-8390.

Comment

Crusher,

The feed wheat market is quite hot right now.

The CWB is paying protien up to 14.5 on 3CWRS and there is noe a #4 grade just introduced this year.

A sample to API in Red Deer might be not a bad idea, however the local Edmonton feed mills will likely pay you just as much in the end after freight costs!

Comment

Crusher,

There is a new dog food manufacturing mill in Morinville, did you try them with your high protein CWRS?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...