• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non-GM Canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non-GM Canola

Has anyone heard of any demand for non-GM canola? What are some personal opinons about how the market is going to change? So far we haven't seen much out of Japan. China has been a stale market but has purchased a little lately.

Those people that have grown the specialty canola/****seed varieties, what do you estimate it costs for you to IP or segregate to meet the contract requirments?

Thanks

I have heard of some small demand for non GMO canola but is based on contracts/individual relationships. The grain handling system in the bigger picture has not sorted out the process/hasn't had the will to segregate canola into GMO and non GMO products.

To date, Japan has been willing to take GMO and this is likely to continue. China has raised the issue ahead of their WTO entry but again my suspicion is this will not be an issue there over the next few years (they have adopted this technology internally). Europe is the most likely destination for non GMO product but we would have to jump through their hoops to satisfy this requirement.

I will let others comment on their costs of handling identity preserved crops.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...