• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Field Records

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Field Records

Does anyone know of a good but not complicated Field Record system? One that keeps track of inputs, varieties, yield, dates, seeding depth and etc.

A good ol fashioned excel spreadsheet works for out operation. Everyone is given a copy with their field maps binder and have instructions on what they need to document daily.

At the end of the season or when there is a break, I get all the copies from each person and enter in the master spreadsheet.

In the binder that each farm member/hired man gets is a copy of this spreadsheet that shows land description, crops to be seeded, hail ins rates, seeding date, swath and harvest dates, spraying information etc. There is also copies of sections of an RM map with each property numbered and a master key. This field map book is great for NH3 trucks and the wives if they are trying to find us.

AgExpert makes a field manager software that will work too but the people must be familiar and comfortable in working with pocket PC's

Comment

FCC Field Manager Pro is the leading field recording system in Canada.

[URL="http://www.fccsoftware.ca/en/index.asp"]You can find more information on www.fccsoftware.ca Click Here.[/URL]

Or this link takes you to a new features form.

http://www.fccsoftware.ca/en/AboutUs/News/Releases/pdf/FieldManagerPRO2010_e.pdf

Comment

Sorry I answered before I read SaskFarmer99's comments.

Ideally everyone would program up their own customized spreadsheets to track the information that is relevant to their operations...

The key thing is to use a system to generate the information that helps you make better decisions.

The software and hardware (Laptops or handhelds) are relatively inexpensive...what is expensive is your time to learn how to use the tools and to capture the data when you are busy...

Good luck,

Joe

Comment

Thanks everyone. It looks like FCC's product is the only one I could find other than doing your own thing with an Excel spreadsheet.

Comment

Hey SaskFarmer - Lyndsey here, the new editor of Grainews. I'd love to do a story on setting up this spreadsheet. Would you be interested in talking about it? Email me at lyndsey at fbcpublishing.com

Comment

Our company is Launching Field Records hotline for our clients. Members call in from whereever and whatever their doing and leave voice messages that are then entered into a database where the info can be accessed at any time.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...
              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.