• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone enjoying the Olympics?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone enjoying the Olympics?

These kids representing Canada have some wonderful stories about struggling against tremdous challenges...makes me proud to be Canadian. Anyone else feel this way?

Yes, I am enjoying the Olympics--especially hearing the individual stories of Canadians who have struggled in the background for so many years. Canada is taking a rap from the media for the 'Own the Podium'. The heck with them I say. For so long Canada has just been like the 'fat friend' in the room--nice person but nobody wanted to date him/her. I thought the opening ceremonies were excellent and hope our woman's Canadian hockey team continues to kick butt--typical media--want to cancel woman's hockey b/c Canada is outclassing all the teams it meets--perhaps it is time the other teams step up to the plate and improve their play. I will continue to cheer for Canada and all her teams--unlike Micheal Ignatieff who is torn--he does not know if he will cheer for Canada or Russia in men's hockey...what???? And this person wants to be the leader of our country---ooops sorry--sort of got off on a political tangent there--Canada--love her or leave her to those of us who do love her with all our hearts...eh oh Canada go!!!

Comment

I was until last night....USA over Canada in Men's Hockey....the shame.

Really, I thought the boys played hard and Miller really stole the game for the USA.

Next time...

Go Canada.

Comment

Yes, after the men's hockey and the women's curling, I went to bed feeling rather 'defeated' (pun intended). The 'lad's' better start to play like they really want to win. I didn't think their defense was very spectacular--Miller was hot.

Comment

I have to admit...I had tears in my eyes last night watching Joannie Rochette skate and win the bronze after the terrible loss of her mother a few days ago...

She makes me proud to be a Canadian.

Comment

Yes, very proud of these folks representing Canada. Some of these kids and older (up to 40 yr.) have put their career on hold and lived on next to nothing for the last 2 - 4 yrs. Win or not, makes me very proud.

Comment

I am loving it. I can only try to imagine the dedication to training and working through pain that these athletes go through to get to the Olympics. I just wish our press and the press from around the world would quit being so negative about everything. And further--leave our woman's hockey team alone--those women have trained hard, and they are allowed to play hard--at least in my opinion. If the rest of the countries cannot field a team that can play hockey up to our standards, why should the Canadian team be penalized? Further, I think Vanoc have done a great job under trying conditions with the weather. I hope Canada continues on this weekend and continues to 'own the podium'..so proud of the way this has pulled this country together and allowed us to be proud Canadians without any apology whatsoever.

Comment

Agreed. We are doing just fine. Everyone expects us to beat everybody's ass by 10 goals every game. Half the players on the other teams played in our junior systems so they know how to play our game just as well. What separates the men from the boys is heart and determination. Obviously we proved who is the best again. 2-0 and 3-2 in OT. Way to go girls and boys.

Comment

I think even some Americans enjoyed the games....

I had an interesting call this morning....I had an old business contact from the USA call and congratulate me on winning the hockey gold and on Canada hosting such a good Olympics. I have not talked to him for over 10 years and he just wanted to say hello and was very sincere.

Joe

Comment

It was good of your friend to be gracious and actually think to call and give some congratulations. I had a friend who spent a week in Vancouver and took in as much of the Olympic feeling as he and his family could and he said it was just an absolutely outstanding effort by all the volunteers to assist; give direction; be friendly and show off their city and province in the best possible light. His children thought the entire trip was incredible and they are 9 and 15 years old--the age group that can be hard to impress sometimes. I think Vanoc deserve huge bouquets for their work and presentation in the face of a tough adversary--Mother Nature was not on their side most days. I was especially impressed with the young people on the streets breaking out in their version of 'Oh Canada' at every opportunity and pleased that the press actually showed this instead of focusing on the smattering of anarchists and trouble makers who wanted to use the Olympics to discredit Canada.

Comment

Nice story, thanks for sharing.

I had a similar discussion last night with one of my daughter's hockey teammate's dad...he is a police officer who volunteered for 3 weeks in Vancouver at the Olympics. He said it was an incredible experience and the crowds were very well behaved...even though the alcohol consumption was high. He said he was impressed and proud of how well everyone acted...no problems and the fans were very gracious hosts..even to the American hockey fans. He was as excited as I have ever seen him...he told me he was on duty when the Canadian Pursuit skating team walked by with their newly won gold medals and they let everyone touch them and were just terrific to be around...

I think the good feelings will last for a little while this time...

Joe

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...