• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FBC walking papers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FBC walking papers

Next week I am giving FBC their walking papers. Three year and
    basically paid them to make big mistakes.

I wonder if they will finish this years work or will I need to
    get lawyer involve to get any work for last years fees.

I can understand your frustration but you may want to consider cutting your losses (and they are huge if you remained with them for 3 years)and get to a firm that knows what they are doing.

I have had a friend that was signed up with them and went to their office and sat their all day until they refund his membership. I would expect this will only work if they have not "started" any work for the year the membership relates to.

I met with these clowns a long time ago and did not join. Can I ask what some of the mistakes were and who is going to be your replacement?

And, I have said this many times before, if you are not in a family farm partnership, thats the first place to start.

Comment

The sooner the better, run like the wind. They did my CAIS 2 years and taxes 3. Had things so screwed up for so long we're just getting the numbers sorted now. The three letters a month from revenue Canada was a nice touch. In the end I got the third year done and mostly straight without paying for the next. But you will be pressured to pay in advance again. Dig your heals in. If you need more horror stories to convince you, they managed to file my buddy's corporate taxes over a year late and had them completly messed up too. Apparently some of the numbers didn't match the CAIS forms so they fed 10,000 bushels of canola to his cows as well. I can tell you about the neighbours who sued them. Want any more CONvincing?

Comment

Frustrating, can I ask who you went to amd is it working for you?

Comment

I have already got another chartered accountant firm. I should have
          done it last year. I paid for two years first time as I only sign-on
          in January after talk with group at Crop production. I was more
          interested in why I wasn't getting anything from all these farm programs
          that talking about all the millions paid to farmers. My paid-out is
          still Zero. Also wanted some farm estate planning, their answer was
          an insurance salesman.
          They did get a family options payment but it has cost me dearly these
          last two years because of the way they fiddled my books to get the
          payment.

Comment

This winter I came across an old sheet with all the mistakes and wrong information they gave me. Boy was that list loooong.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...