• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wireworms on potato

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wireworms on potato

The wireworms problem is increasing across Canada. Spectrum of pesticides registered on potato crop is limited and their performance is rather inconsistent. Does anyone have information on this year chlorpyrifos performance?

Seeing no response I pass on my experience.

I grow few (25-50) plants from certified seed. My process is organic in my home garden. I prepare the soil with ph reducing supplement. Key to my preparation is accumulation of onion skins which are mixed with straw in the preparation for the seed placement which follows after two weeks.

I had two potato beetles observed 2001 season. They did not stay nor did they lay eggs. There are others things done but long after the emergence of the plant to 10" in height. At that heigh I transplant the French marigolds in available space.

It works for me. Have you a like story to relate?

Comment

chlorpyrophos is not effective and is being removed from the market. Thimet and Admire will provide good control in the furrow area and get yhour plants up, but the wireworm outside the treated area will not be controlled

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...
      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.