• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did you guys meet your wife? Need some advice...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just married for little under a year now. Met my wife through 4-H only problem was that there's almost 7 years between us. So needless to say nothing romantic there when I'm 10 and she can almost drink. She was a friend who I'd see 4 or 5 times a year. Then fast forward several girlfriends and 11 years later. She was working as agronomist at local seed plant and I finally decided to ask out a local girl instead of a long distance relation (highly overrated). Went to a rodeo and 4 years later asked her to marry me. I always figured I'd have to look far and wide since it's very rural out here. But she grew up only 12 miles from me. Sometimes the most obvious things are right under your nose. And definitely dont settle, the right one is out there.

Comment

This is the most entertaining topic I have
      read in a long while!

Comment

Try Thailand haha...but seriously unless you can find a local girl that likes cows they will be the way to keep a women out of your life, whether it's missing lake time due to haying, missing a winter trip because of calving, or the two months of sleeping on the couch so that you don't wake her every two hours to check on calving cows.

Before I moved back to civilization, rodeo cabs, curling, volounteering/sitting on boards, the gym is a good place too if you're close enough to one, all were great places I met plenty of nice women that would have been fine if I was looking for a commitment at that time. My brother meets lots of girls in their local dinner theater club. Also when I lived in Calgary it was almost the opposite where as you didn't know where to start, so dinner parties where each friend had to bring someone outside your normal circle worked great for meeting people.

Comment

Wow...are you guys ever creative when it comes to women...I will show this to my buddy and get him going....

I love the plane story.

Thanks again.

Comment

Plane story? Where is the plane story, now I have to read everything again to find the plane story.

Comment

My bf and I met on an internet dating site. Ended up that we had a mutual friend in common and we were friends for a year before we started dating.

Comment

Internet dating in the last few years has really lost its negative stigma it had attached to it forever.

If a person is really serious about meeting someone special - be prepared to be totally honest in your profile. Stress that you want to meet someone that lives and loves the farming/country lifestyle. Mention the deal breakers you have (smoking, etc) and be honest about yourself.

If you really want to meet someone, and you are prepared to be open and honest, you will with online dating.

I think the biggest mistake people make is the get caught up in all the 'fabulous' photos and profiles and forget why they joined internet dating to begin with. If you see a photo of a swimsuit model who says 'she always wanted to move to the country' chances are she means Paris, France and not one-horse-town-Canada-Prairies. LOL!

Comment

Yes the Internet has possibilities. I have a cousin who met is wife over the Internet. She moved up from Melbourne to marry him. That must be eight or so years ago now they have 3 kids.

Comment

I have 2 farm girl friends who met their
                    husbands online dating so farm girls are
                    definitely out there.

Comment

I believe there are alot more people that meet online - then admit to it. LOL!

When you live in a small town, and you know everyone, and you don't travel alot - how would you meet someone new?

There are gals that have careers that they can relocate with - and if you meet the right one, they would.

We all understand and agree when you are farming/ranching you can't just pick up and move - so you need to meet someone who understands that.

Small towns have alot of value for those that understand and appreciate what is important in life.

Comment

Hey Skip, let us know how your friend makes out..bad choice of words.. how successful his free advice has been. It could be worth as much as he is paying for it.

Comment

Will do....I am surprized by how many mentioned internet dating...

P.S. The plane story was buzzing the house in the Cub...near the starting thread...that was a great way to impress someone...

Comment

The truth is I tried to pick up her sister at a party in high school, i was parting a little hard that night and well things didn't work out for the sister but i've been married to my wife for almost 25 years. The first few family get togethers were a little tense but hey good now, she ended up marrying my best friend......sometimes we look so hard to find the right person elsewhere then realize they were right there all the time.....

Comment

{{sometimes we look so hard to find the right person elsewhere then realize they were right there all the time.....}}

SO TRUE!!

Comment

On some of these dating sites just put in your profile that you are a farmer and looking for a farm girlfriend. There are alot of women out there looking for rural life. Say for the right women you'll even buy her a pony.
                                But never give up theres someone out there for everyone

As for myself i was in a huge bar and i picked the best looking, best dressed and the one with all the guys hanging around. waited tell we were out side standing beside the hotdog vendor, tapped her on the shoulder and asked her if she wanted to share a hot smokie and 9 years later we're still togther. After about 40 whiskeys you'll ask anyone anything lol.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.