• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i wanna farm real bad

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i wanna farm real bad

i grew up being introuced to farming cause my uncle farms but i never really spend much time there as i want too right now,, i am 16 i plan on taking the agricultural diploma program at the UofManitoba when i graduate from high school this June,, but i thought i would ask for some Tips and Suggestions and any comments you farmers might have about my dreams! THANKS
    Brad

Hi Brad. It is great to hear about young people wanting to get into the business of farming. This is a real concern as many who are currently producing are not encouraging their children to take over, so you are to be commended for your interest in farming.

What sort of production would you like to get into? We are seeing agriculture move towards either getting bigger and bigger or working within the "niche" area where you grow something that customers specifically want to buy for a price that will see you get a reasonable return.

You might want to check out some of the other discussion rooms for some thoughts and ideas from other producers. In particular, there is a great debate going on in the Agri-value room about breaking the rules that you might find helpful.

Good luck in your endeavours.

Linda

Comment

I want to get into crop production, Wheat,Barley,canola ETC u know what i mean, I just dont know where exactly to get started.
      Brad

Comment

Your best bet is to find a rich farmers daughter and marry her. If he has a few oil wells on his land that would be helpful!
        Right now the grain business is tough. I'd say get a good education and job. Get into farming as a side line. Borrowing a lot of money to go farming is a tough old row to hoe.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...
        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.