• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My daughter’s first big marketing……….🍀

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My daughter’s first big marketing……….🍀

Today was my oldest daughter’s 4-H show. She didn’t place well in confirmation since he was a slacker in the eating department but got first in junior showmanship. She had an hard time to see the judge as she was shorter than her calf. Even after her foot got mashed under his in the ring it was a very sad ride home after the sale without “Teddy”. An ice cream cone at home seems to have helped😉

Very proud of her and how all the kids worked together at getting each other’s animals ready. Even won best kept stalls which was due to teamwork.

Inflation over time has definitely been a factor as her price was triple of what mine got 20 years ago😎

A very proud dad tonight 🍀

Just remember being very tired after that day but those 4-H checks bought my first car and cow-calf part of show started my cow herd. Back in those days hard work payed and I hope it still does for all the kids starting out. Good Job !

Comment

nice!

Comment

There is nothing to help prepare kids for the real world like 4H. Among other things my kids learned was excellent public speaking skills.
        I remember my first achievement day 60 years ago. It went well. i had to look up to my steer named Jimmy as i was a bit of a runt at that age. Happy ending my mother told me not to worry as Jimmy was gone to a big beautiful farm in Ontario to live happily ever after. Sometimes i wonder how he is doing!

Comment

Our Dad wouldn't allow us boys to join 4H and missed a great opportunity for he and us. My sister came later and did. You can see it yet today. A great org. Great job!

Comment

A couple comments.

First, the beef looks delicious. That's the only way I look at cattle anymore.

Second , while I realize your kids are learning and working hard, it is just another generation hooked on doing that and feeling good about feeding the world. Many that take this career on will barely get by for 30 years of hard work.

The people that protest these beautiful animals are being paid more than you and your kids.

Calf looks great, people that raise them should be well paid, as opposed to being told they are bad for the environment.
            Last edited by bucket; May 25, 2023, 08:41.

Comment

The Last year I went into 4H dad's pen of mixed range feeders averaged more in the pen than my steer in the ring. LOL But maybe the fact that my steer laid down in the show ring because I gave him to much special medicine so I could handle him didn't help.

Comment

Special medicine 😂

I grew up in too small of an area, there was no beef club. Instead it was a 4-H variety club which I think in some ways was so much better! The things we could learn, from cooking and babysitting, to photography, small animals, even tracking. Presentations on achievement day were always interesting because there were so many different groups.

I do envy the kids their experiences in showing beef but I still love the version of 4-H I got to have.

Currently I have a carcass steer from the Byemoore club hanging at the butcher. I’ll have to ask how the carcass steer differs from her show steer 😂 But I think I got a steal of a deal. Half of a well finished steer, he looked the exact same as her show steer, but for rail price instead of show sale price. Definitely more in my range Hah

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...
                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.