• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you screwed up this year?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What have you screwed up this year?

Gas engine drives fan on airdrill. Bad oil leak, it backfired and
    caught on fire friday night.
    The only thing I had to extinguish it was the carharts I was wearing. While smothering it with them I realized if it didn't work I was going to have to call the fire department in my underwear...
    Got it out and went to the beerstore wearing the charred remains.

Picked up a fire extinguisher when I got the new engine...

Teaching no. 1 son to seed. He seeded a 20 acre field and never turned the monitor on.

Comment

My back, again not a new thing but this is starting to become a game changer.

Comment

Not grabbing those $175/ac rents

Comment

Tried to plant in corn plots today before rain after the seed rollers on the new drill would not work
          Well I turned that into a circus .
          Went and picked up my ole JD planter yesterday from a buddy I sold it too 5 years ago
          Blew a wheel bearing hub on way home , thank goodness I know the odd guy . I pulled into a guys yard i know very well and got beside his shop on nice cement pad . Got wheel off , took back to shop , cleaned out all the grease and old bearing shrapnel out of hub , got all new bearings and such , put back together but the hub got wore on one end . So jimmy rigged it so seal would set with JB weld , let sit 5 hours and got er back together and home 12 hours later .. 3 hour job 🙄
          Well went to plant corn plots this morning, all planned out before rain …. Well dam meeter chain broke in the first 100 yards , rain comin , got that fixed , JD sucks with odd size bearings and chains BTW
          Got 3 plots in , realized the planter not going in the ground on unworked canola stubble consistently enough… at all. Harrowed last fall but ground way to firm and still too much trash
          Rain comin
          Well , went and got the coulter harrow to try to work the rest of the stubble to finish plots
          Well that was no good , so had to go to plan F , Fak it , and till the whole plot and have to re plant plots , then it rained .
          Love the rain but never rush to do a job half assed ….. just a train wreck .
          Then honesty, not even kidding , after I got home , my ole dog had to be put down , she been sick a few days but at 12 years old , the vet came out and said sorry .
          Just finished burying her an hour ago .😞
          Supper glad for the rain , but a frustrating, sad day .
          When I *** things up , I *** them up good
          Thankfully for an awesome rain for this whole area though 👍👍
          I hope everyone’s day was better than mine lol

I swear I could literally write a country song Tonight 😵*💫

Comment

Didn't check that auto locking pins engaged on loader bucket before loading mixing wagon. Seems to take a long time to jump from one tractor and run around mixing wagon and shut other tractors PTO off

Comment

Marketing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rinker View Post
                Marketing.
                Me too.

Comment

Losing the old dog makes a bad day.
                  Only thing worse would be running over it because it was too deaf to hear the tractor.

Comment

Marketing

Comment

Originally posted by crusher View Post
                      Marketing
                      You are not alone

Comment

Seeding by far the worst for me lol.
                        Being told you have to switch crops again because Fortress not down long enough... Unloading reloading dry fertilizer because it bridged. Fixing actuator young bull cut off because it doesn't do anything anyway....After all that starting, finding some 2-3 yr old cigarettes in the old tool truck and lighting them up after 5 months abstinence.... Biggest mistake so far....but year not over yet. The dollar a bushel on new wheat sales hurts too I guess.
                        My body from waist down can't do some of this anymore lol. But the win was, without hired man it was, peaceful......

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                          Losing the old dog makes a bad day.
                          Only thing worse would be running over it because it was too deaf to hear the tractor.
                          She was a beauty ..

Comment

most things this spring.

had to reseed a 54 acre piece top blew of manifold in middle of cart. yes it’s a tow between and camera didn’t pick up.

Comment

Thing is. Seeding has no practice run, there is no manual, and every lesson learned the hard way. With a Mad Max menagerie of systems. And you get one shot for the whole year, to stare at the mess for a year. Well sown is half grown.
                              Seeding can't be taught, it's learned and imbibed. Seed placement for example, comes with a feel you can't teach.
                              I teach slow down, take all the steps in order. There is a reason for them. Like transfering Dangerous Goods.
                              And every year a new series of learning experiences..... Gonna be great to hand more of it off.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.