• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E-bike for moving equipment

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-bike for moving equipment

I am tired of walking anything under a mile or juggling rides for the longer trips. Thinking of an Ebike I can toss on the implement or hang on the tractor. Anybody do this?

I farm alone so I face the same problem.
    Gets quite time consuming moving equipment.
    A few years ago I loaded my bike on the sprayer so I could get back for the water trunk. Left it by the drive way into the field and went spraying. When I got back a couple hours later the bike was gone.
    Since then my wife has retired from her town job and is quite helpful.
    Last edited by seldomseen; May 23, 2023, 13:57.

Comment

I know someone who uses an Ebike. Loads on sprayer trailer or air cart to take himself back to the yard. It works great. Light enough to load for transport, and fast (maybe too fast lol).

On the last point, joking aside, in our local town, some people have had bad crashes. Usually just a bike hemet is worn and not enough, not like a motorcycle helmet.

Comment

One thing to be careful of is most ebikes are using a stiffer tire at higher air pressure to get more distance on a battery charge, this makes some ebikes more “slippery” on gravel.

Comment

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cis8tPmDK2mUXmUkR6hu_bfnNZLmXpFxolx3Mo0/

Comment

On one of these farm sites someone was using an electric skateboard looking thing with one tire in the middle.

Comment

I use pedal assist e-bike for this exact purpose, this is my 3rd year using is. It’s a full suspension mountain bike, works really well. Pretty fast, cruise at 28-30 kph. At 30 kph the electric assist cuts out……some sort of regulation?

Comment

This is the way to go for E bike.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...
                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.