• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AI and farming.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AI and farming.

Been playing with ChatGPT 3.5 and am wondering if anyone is using AI to help in their farming decisions be it marketing, weather, crop planning etc? Is anyone using AI to help with research for their responses to threads? What uses do you see for AI in agriculture? Will it be helpful or will it be the hindrance? Will it boost productivity or put us out of a job? Are farms safe or are we all going to die when it pushes the button? I'm interested to know what people think.

AI has been shown to have the same bias as the people who designed it. Thats all you need to know.

Has no practical application for this industry and thats a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
      AI has been shown to have the same bias as the people who designed it. Thats all you need to know.

I find your comments very odd. That's like saying the computer has no practical application or the wheel, and there were those who said that, and I agree that it currently does seem woke, but it's already here and to ignore the implications of AI is to do so at your own peril. The future is uncertain, exciting and frightening.

I have used it to help confirm a theory or bolster an idea, but I will say I can see there are people who just don't want to know, just take your jab and lock yourself in your house.

Comment

Agree jazz

Comment

In my past experience AI meant someone or something was getting Fooked ,and looks like they still are.

Comment

Originally posted by Retired View Post
            In my past experience AI meant someone or something was getting Fooked ,and looks like they still are.
            How so? I would say it's worth a discussion.

Comment

Yes, garbage in, garbage out. They were teaching that back in the '70s when computer science was first being taught in University.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormin View Post
                How so? I would say it's worth a discussion.
                Technology is not going to go the way you think it. Soon people wont be able to trust it and it will come with such control and insidious influence, so they will disconnect from it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ai.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	775097
                Last edited by jazz; May 22, 2023, 20:33.

Comment

Where's Sarah Conner when you need her

Comment

Ask it to explain climate change. That response is all I need to know to never let it make any farming decisions. It's like knowing where to research facts but then going to CBC news to tell you their version of the facts. It's got such a leftist slant it's not even funny. If you stick to stuff like churning out a simple arduino sketch then it's absolutely amazing.

Comment

Chat gpt is purported to be everything and a box of chocolates but it’s best suited for uni students looking for an essay in entry level classes. Think AI for farming is best fit it needs to have ability to know if wet spot is worth going through or avoiding, or whether the multiple layers of yield maps, soil tests, etc can tell you if it’s worth putting more juice on or saying screw it cause it’s not worth the bother. Sure it will get smart enough eventually but so far human farmer intelligence trumps computer programs. Political bias in stem is horrible but it exists.

Comment

After interacting with it for a while I have started to recognize AI generated forum posts. It has a way of putting words together that has a kinda fingerprint to it. I can't unsee that fingerprint on a number of posts on different forums I visit now. It does warrant paying attention to it even if you don't like or even understand it. It's here and it's going to affect our businesses.

The extent of my farming AI interaction? I asked if canola is $20/bushel and nitrogen is $800/tonne what's the optimum fertilizer rate to use to maximize profit? The crazy non-answer wasn't worth the electricity it took to generate it.

Comment

Have a few questions on AI and farming ….

Will it know how to pull a calf at the right time
                          Will it know how to physically change a bearing
                          Will it know how to fix a wheel hub
                          An air seeder line
                          A liquid line
                          Fix a flat tire , with a nail or completely fuked split
                          Duct tape a main line to keep going
                          A hydraulic line leak
                          A hydraulic pump failure or leak
                          An electrical connection
                          A water pump
                          A hydraulic pump
                          An antifreeze leak
                          A GPS bad connection
                          A lodged rock in a rock picker
                          A bearing in a seed meeter , wheel , disk , packer , tractor , bailer , combine 500 bearings , swather 300 bearings ………. List in endless
                          Will it know when exactly to to turn around a bush , slough , rock pile. , a ridge in field , pothole , Solough, yard site , tree line , fence liner , neighbours fence , corrals, castle fence , pig fence , chicken fence , elk fence , bison fence , dugouts , road alowances , mail box’s , road approach’s not marked , wells , unexpected potholes , wet spots , ground seepage areas , saline areas , washouts , normal water runs , odd water runs …
                          I could go on for a while , will let others fill in
                          But really AI will have near zero part in 90% of what we do .

This is only a partial list , I am sure many will be added .
                          Yup , farming so easy ….
                          Last edited by furrowtickler; May 23, 2023, 04:31.

Comment

All on the go with personal and or business contacts at hand to try to keep rolling

I will be waiting for response

Comment

AI is lazy clowns to replace other lazy clowns jobs, sorry , that’s it

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.