• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FBN

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FBN

Not sure if this belongs in rural issues or here.

Anyway FBN took there bat and ball and went home after 14 months.

Too competitive in australia and doesnt fit "our model" what ever that means

I deal with a independant 90% of the time regardless of price. But they are usually on the money.

You worried about FBN i asked reply they will be gone in 12 months well took a tad longer.

Worst for pricing in oz is Nutrien. By a long way.

Edit might as well add this here.

Elnino odds gone from 60/40 to 70/30 involved with a private meteorologist thats about to launch a bussiness forecasting for farmers. Soon in next few months.

Thats his changing elnino forecast not sure if your forecasters in northern hemishpere suggesting same trend

Currently avaition forecaster at airport.

Comment

Our weather forecasters seem to be leaning towards El Niño arriving mid to late summer. Already rumbling about a wetter harvest.

I have 4 large retailers locally. I have bought from all of them. I price check chemical and fertilizer every year. Prices range more than 5%. I often save enough to pay for my hired man’s yearly wages.

I have checked out FBN and they don’t have many products that we use on our farm. Or at least any that are priced competitively. I have found their diquat and sometimes but not always their glyphosate are competitive, so have bought them sometimes.

Don’t think they are driving anybody out of business here.

Comment

FBN appears to be a lot more legit than our Mann boys FNA/Agracity mess but coming from membership in that I just don’t see any reason for a smaller operator such as myself to mess with it. Suppose if you cover a larger swath the incremental savings allow a Mexico trip for the family. I’m just tired of the Amway model of these “clubs” Could never find enough savings for myself to justify the tithe and relationship with a retailer who gives a crap about you is as important as anything. I still give credit to the likes who changed the glyphosate pricing paradigm but it was a time of transition from the captive market to more transparency. The internet is a beautiful thing and if I have to pay someone to get cheaper products I feel took or stupid.

Comment

they were gonna move mountains.

parts of oz have had a early break to season

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
            I still give credit to the likes who changed the glyphosate pricing paradigm but it was a time of transition from the captive market to more transparency..
            I'm not sure who you think moved the glyfosate price in western Canada but it sure as hell wasn't eff'n eh, no matter how they may like to rewrite history. It was the independent dealer members of AgWest Partners selling Cheminova Glyfos and Ken Goudy's threat to build the tech in western Canada that finally got Monsanto moving.

Comment

Originally posted by Landdownunder View Post
              they were gonna move mountains.

parts of oz have had a early break to season
              Wonder how much longer they stick around Canada as well

Comment

Originally posted by bobofthenorth View Post
                I'm not sure who you think moved the glyfosate price in western Canada but it sure as hell wasn't eff'n eh, no matter how they may like to rewrite history. It was the independent dealer members of AgWest Partners selling Cheminova Glyfos and Ken Goudy's threat to build the tech in western Canada that finally got Monsanto moving.
                Exactly what I was alluding to. Mann boys are just 2 bit Amway salesmen.

Comment

Originally posted by JankoFarms View Post
                  Wonder how much longer they stick around Canada as well
                  I think FBN is going to be in western Canada for a bit yet. They just built a new warehouse in Saskatoon for one thing. We have been pretty regular buyers from them since they got going up here. They have to be competitive with the local guys or they wont sell. They are a retailer like anyone else. Currently they glyphosate price isn't the lowest and I would expect they are going to have to lower it to be competitive. Over the last couple of years their Clodinafop and Clethodim have been cheaper than others. I have never seen them in the same style of FNA other than name similarity. They are a chem retailer plain and simple. Almost of our stuff from them comes from the old Yorkton Distributors shed they bought a few years ago. They dropped the 0% inputs program at the end of they year which makes them less competitive so it will be interesting to see where they go next.

Comment

FBN appears to be a lot more legit than our Mann boys FNA/Agracity mess but coming from membership in that I just don’t see any reason for a smaller operator such as myself to mess with it. Suppose if you cover a larger swath the incremental savings allow a Mexico trip for the family. I’m just tired of the Amway model of these “clubs” Could never find enough savings for myself to justify the tithe and relationship with a retailer who gives a crap about you is as important as anything. I still give credit to the likes who changed the glyphosate pricing paradigm but it was a time of transition from the captive market to more transparency. The internet is a beautiful thing and if I have to pay someone to get cheaper products I feel took or stupid.
                    I value relationships alot. But lately there are new faces just about every time I go into the chem dealers shop.

I give everyone a chance, but many are just too wet behind the ears to be of value.

In '21 our yields on everything were single digits. But we were still getting calls about fungicide.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
                      I value relationships alot. But lately there are new faces just about every time I go into the chem dealers shop.

I give everyone a chance, but many are just too wet behind the ears to be of value.

In '21 our yields on everything were single digits. But we were still getting calls about fungicide.
                      One particular local supplier has had enough turnover on agronomists over the past few years due to upper management and yeah raiding the local community college for recent grads to fill agronomist positions doesn’t help. I’m spoiled with the retailer I use. The other place I did purchase inputs there but since shifted because of management and lack of people who knew anything.

Comment

One particular local supplier has had enough turnover on agronomists over the past few years due to upper management and yeah raiding the local community college for recent grads to fill agronomist positions doesn’t help. I’m spoiled with the retailer I use. The other place I did purchase inputs there but since shifted because of management and lack of people who knew anything.
                        I think the worst locally is Cargill. Many newbies barely last a year.

My comment to a newbie at any location, after the initial introduction and conversation is, I don't care if you don't know the answer to my question. Just don't bluff and give me the wrong answer.

Tell me and then go find the correct answer and we'll get along just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post

Exactly. Basic salary no matter their volume and constantly coached to push sales.
                          I can't say precisely what it costs if any at all, but I really value the long term relationship with the local independent retailer group. I can however put a value on the pain saved.

Comment

scored up to 22mm over about a third of the farm rest between 10 and 15 have a few gauges.

you beauty

Comment

-18 here this morning. Dry trend continuing.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.