• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2023 crop rotation

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2023 crop rotation

Wondering if guys are tweaking their rotations due to the recent change in grain prices? We usually leave a few fields up in the air till closer to spring and I think they are going to a multipurpose wheat. Never grown it before but the local g3 and P&H have a cp+ program that we are going to try and hit.

On our farm, cnl down, peas back in the rotation, oats are zero for the first time in a long time, barley flat and wheat up. Tempted to try some quinoa but might pass on that as well.

5000 wheat
    4000 canola
    600 peas
    400 barley

Comment

Cutting oat acres big time, more wheat and barley in its place, canola will remain the same.

Comment

Durum and canola, no lentils. Tired of working on the ground and fighting hoppers.

Comment

Only change this year is no more yellow peas. Just tired of digging them out of the dirt.

Comment

Green peas and oats out for us this year .

Comment

Canola down
              Wheat up
              Canary barley peas same
              Oats , well **** oats

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                Green peas and oats out for us this year .
                Good yr to grow lots of peas and oats, seems those two are getting the biggest kick. I don’t grow oats. Lol

Early predictions have mustard going through the roof. Anyone getting into that one are now a yr behind.

Canola going up a little from last yr, some acres may be trimmed back with the plummeting prices, then again all crops are falling. Oh well got to seed something …. Or do we????
                Not too late to rent for $150

Comment

Wall to wall flax lol

Comment

Probably should put in some canary seed

Comment

Potatoes, sunflowers..and hemp.

Comment

Canola up, wheat down, some yellow peas again last two times have been awesome but 2019 was flat as a pancake and slow harvest so took a break. Also some clover hopefully comes through that I underseeded last year. No oats.

Comment

SF bringing orange seeds

Comment

Originally posted by blueversi View Post
                            Canola up, wheat down, some yellow peas again last two times have been awesome but 2019 was flat as a pancake and slow harvest so took a break. Also some clover hopefully comes through that I underseeded last year. No oats.
                            Underseeded clover here too. Should make it for snow cover. Don’t know what I’ll do with it. Fallow not cool here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                              SF bringing orange seeds
                              Is that the off patent variety the US call Trump?

More standing hay to meet the pending federal fertilizer requirement, until the East and hungry want it abandoned. I do think it builds soil, and I know it sure traps snow.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.