• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$14 canola for New Crop

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$14 canola for New Crop

Like I have said before on here, it was only a matter of time. The old top of the market, becomes the new bottom, let’s only hope. Three days this week the Viterra nearby texted out prices that had NC Canola in the $14+ category, with yesterday the lowest at $14.39 for Sept/Oct.

New crop canola with crap insurance $18.82

Comment

Will $14+ attract any significant acres?

With what appears to be attractive crush margins have to assume they are going to buy acres to assure supply. It all goes to a crush plant somewhere.

Are any new Bio Fuel plants going to be consuming new crop?

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
        Will $14+ attract any significant acres?

With what appears to be attractive crush margins have to assume they are going to buy acres to assure supply. It all goes to a crush plant somewhere.

Are any new Bio Fuel plants going to be consuming new crop?
        Acres were bought months ago at $18-19
        No seed to be found now.
        Maybe some returns will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by BTO780 View Post
          Acres were bought months ago at $18-19
          No seed to be found now.
          Maybe some returns will happen.
          How many acres would of been bought up without an Act of God?

Comment

AOG on canola??

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
              AOG on canola??
              Bunge nexera..20 b/a .AOG..

Comment

Why not just wait till the first week in June before everybody panics. We got 60 days of real important weather to deal with first. We had 3 days of -20 in the morning and 2 -10's and next week after storm only 1 day above freezing forecast. Getting kinda tired of plugging tractors in

Comment

Viterra has an AOG. On non GMO also for around 10 BPA

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                    Viterra has an AOG. On non GMO also for around 10 BPA
                    We did some clearfield with AOG

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                      AOG on canola??
                      For regular canola there is zero as far as I know.
                      My point is I’m doubting crazy amounts were contracted without an Act of God due to the “expensive lessons” many farmers were taught in 2021.

Or am I wrong?

Comment

Viterra text this morning has new crop canola at $13.93 for September. And they mentioned that with current weather (one tenth so far at my yard), grower interest is picking up. Oh boy. Are guys starting to panic? I’m afraid if it does actually rain, we’ll be seeing 12s or worse.

Comment

I know some of this 200 an acre rent guys are a little antsy now!

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimeOperator View Post
                            Viterra text this morning has new crop canola at $13.93 for September. And they mentioned that with current weather (one tenth so far at my yard), grower interest is picking up. Oh boy. Are guys starting to panic? I’m afraid if it does actually rain, we’ll be seeing 12s or worse.
                            As the SNL skit goes....they will make it up on volume!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FarmJunkie View Post
                              I know some of this 200 an acre rent guys are a little antsy now!
                              Is that you?? haha

I underbid an opportunity to rent more land this spring. might turn out to be a good thing. Hope not though.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.