• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are we doing to our kids? . . . .

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are we doing to our kids? . . . .

When are governments going to wake-up to financial accountability and responsibility?

Apparently, Alberta debt is forecast to balloon to $96 billion by 2023. How can government have the right to do this? This is sickening . . . .

Who pays? . . . our kids

Then live like the Gov manages it's affairs. Go into debt without any intention of ever paying it back. Live large! The Social Safety Net will catch you and ensure a soft landing....and when you're old and in the old folks home...you will eat porridge out of the same pot as the guy who scrimped and saved and lived with in his means.

Comment

Old dogs come home to roost. Eventually this will all hit the fan. I’m afraid that because they’ve kicked the can for so long it will be a more dire consequence than if the system was left to crash in 2008. More global conflicts etc

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
        Then live like the Gov manages it's affairs. Go into debt without any intention of ever paying it back. Live large! The Social Safety Net will catch you and ensure a soft landing....and when you're old and in the old folks home...you will eat porridge out of the same pot as the guy who scrimped and saved and lived with in his means.
        farmaholic . . . I don't believe the average Cdn taxpayer has any idea of the financial consequences that lie ahead. Debt reality shock will mute economic recovery for some time (IMO).

Comment

AND polls showing that NDP gaining in Ontario. If they win, I am out of this coo-coo nest. There”s no use busting your ass here. It’s going to the dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
            farmaholic . . . I don't believe the average Cdn taxpayer has any idea of the financial consequences that lie ahead. Debt reality shock will mute economic recovery for some time (IMO).
            "...some time..."

A decade?

A generation?

A culture?

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
              "...some time..."

A decade?

A generation?

A culture?
              My bet is on the "culture".

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                My bet is on the "culture".
                Everyone loves an optimist...

Comment

'Change in culture' is the only way out, but voters must make this happen . . .

Comment

Thank you, I'm feelin the love.

I think cultural transition is already in place.

It's taught in school(unequivocal equity despite efforts, no one fails and participation awards) and immigration is contributing to the change.

But I guess change is constant.

Comment

It should be against the law for government to spend money they don't have.

When they spent more than they bring in they are forcing some future generation to pay for your lifestyle and that is not right.

Comment

'Change in culture' is the only way out, but voters must make this happen . . .
                        Part of what I described in the above post is part of the problem not the solution.

Too many people demand more than they deserve.....and don't want to pay for any of it.
                        Government spending on stupid useless stuff....bad decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                          It should be against the law for government to spend money they don't have.

When they spent more than they bring in they are forcing some future generation to pay for your lifestyle and that is not right.
                          seldonseen . . . you are so right. Believe the cultural shift is already on. The incoming generation may be far more responsible with debt than their parents. Political strategy may change significantly to maintain power.

This is going to continue to hammer retail. Malls may turn into apartments and museums. If staying out of debt becomes hip, this is bad news for economies built on spending, greed and bank loans. The days of banker billion dollar quarterly profits might be numbered.

Comment

Its a race to the bottom. Spend it while paper funny money can still purchase hard assets. Those days are numbered.

Comment

seldonseen . . . you are so right. Believe the cultural shift is already on. The incoming generation may be far more responsible with debt than their parents. Political strategy may change significantly to maintain power.

This is going to continue to hammer retail. Malls may turn into apartments and museums. If staying out of debt becomes hip, this is bad news for economies built on spending, greed and bank loans. The days of banker billion dollar quarterly profits might be numbered.
                              Sorry guys. I have never seen the younger generation be more frugal than the one before. They have been in part the beneficiary of spending beyond our means even though they dont know it. When was the last time they knew interest rates higher than 5 or 6 percent unless they didnt pay there credit card off. Not blaming them at all. The Majority of voters will do SFA until it is forced on them by something that is beyond govt control. This lets our elected officials off the hook by saying they had no choice and the Majority will believe it. The voters that do seem to understand the consequences of all this debt want it solved as long as it doesnt affect them. Ya right. Then again does it matter what we do here if our neighbors to the south go down. Probably not.
                              Last edited by grefer; May 23, 2018, 14:42.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.