• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chemical company excuses

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chemical company excuses

In the last year I have had chemical performance wrecks. ...

What do others hear for the excuse it doesn't work.....here are the ones I have heard....

1. Too cold
    2. Too wet
    3. Too dry
    4. Too late on in crop. ...but the preseed burn didn't work .....also theor product.
    5. Nozzles

What will it be this year after spraying 3 times with the product that was supposed to work....

1. It's building resistance. ?
    2. I shouldn't have worked the ground last fall?

So this year I am calling often to let them know what I am doing....

Talking to my retailer I am one of the highest use per acre of some of these products.....they just shrug their shoulders....

Too wet - too dry
    Too hot - too cold
    Too deep - too shallow (pre-emerge days)
    Too fast - too slow

Too bad.

Comment

Which chemicals are you refering
      To?
      We got some round up transorb refunded because of poor kill last yr.
      In wheat we use Dow stuff.really works well on our farm.

Comment

Ever read the label for occtain? Essentially says if it doesn't work, don't bother phoning us

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
          Which chemicals are you refering
          To?
          We got some round up transorb refunded because of poor kill last yr.
          In wheat we use Dow stuff.really works well on our farm.
          Where are you?

Comment

If you were a consumer of a product, would you buy it if it had a label that read like a herbicide label, with all te disclaimers? They're well covered.

Don't forget about the sun rising in the west and setting in the east on the day you use it, otherwise results may be not be satisfactory.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
              Where are you?
              South of Rose Valley.

Comment

Transorb was a disaster last year and I was adding in express or db858....absolute disaster results.

The first thing they look at is the weather before and after. They presented me with that data first off.

Then well its a little late to do much .....well why the **** didn't anyone get out here pronto.

Then they said the barricade in crop was showing signs of working....it looked like a ****ing canola field at harvest with hawksbeard.....

I have no sympathy for any rep male or female anymore.....they stood in my field and ****ing forgot what they said a month previous exact same spot and ****ing shrugged their shoulders.

Comment

Transorb was a disaster last year and I was adding in express or db858....absolute disaster results.

The first thing they look at is the weather before and after. They presented me with that data first off.

Then well its a little late to do much .....well why the **** didn't anyone get out here pronto.

Then they said the barricade in crop was showing signs of working....it looked like a ****ing canola field at harvest with hawksbeard.....

I have no sympathy for any rep male or female anymore.....they stood in my field and ****ing forgot what they said a month previous exact same spot and ****ing shrugged their shoulders.
                  Well bucket , your not alone , not by a long shot .
                  Sad thing is , it is becoming far too common with the big three unless you farm 20,000 plus acres .
                  Nufarm makes good products as do others .

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                    No sympathy !

Welcome to the club !
                    My son said to me last year that I was a little harsh to the girl that came out....I told him what their chemical cost me ...holy shit....Yeah don't feel sorry for the pretty girl.... she got paid....we didn't....

And I don't care if they leave crying anymore....

This year it may be a call to Tony.....monsanto had plenty of issues in Manitoba last year while they told me my issues were uncommon....lying ****s.

Comment

In the last year I have had chemical performance wrecks. ...

What do others hear for the excuse it doesn't work.....here are the ones I have heard....

1. Too cold
                      2. Too wet
                      3. Too dry
                      4. Too late on in crop. ...but the preseed burn didn't work .....also theor product.
                      5. Nozzles

What will it be this year after spraying 3 times with the product that was supposed to work....

1. It's building resistance. ?
                      2. I shouldn't have worked the ground last fall?

So this year I am calling often to let them know what I am doing....

Talking to my retailer I am one of the highest use per acre of some of these products.....they just shrug their shoulders....
                      The answer lies within. Are you complaining or humble bragging?

It’s just food for thought, you don’t have to explain yourself to me.

Comment

Lots of claims this year and the answer will be the plants are not really growing so cant take in the product because its the drought.

Oh, and dust is on them.

Sorry, Mr farmer thanks for spending but we got you-you Dumb F#$K.

Comment

I should hear this year that the temperature of my spray water is too cold....

No bragging here hobby...just really pissed when Chem cos reps giggle on the phone.

Leaves are clean after a small dust settling sprinkle.

If my retailer is out spraying ....I should be able to as well...
                          Last edited by bucket; May 18, 2018, 08:07.

Comment

I should hear this year that the temperature of my spray water is too cold....

No bragging here hobby...just really pissed when Chem cos reps giggle on the phone.
                            Dont worry, still remember the absurdity of ag retail products. I was so dumb I just couldnt understand how the whole thing was upside down.
                            Yesterday I had a friendly reminder. I ordernpea inoculant in November. Confirm in April. Yesterday I called for delivery and ...........ooopsy......:it got sold! Normal pea planting season is over and there is no inoculant for 200 miles!!
                            The lady apologized. I said thats ok, nobody pays attention anymore.
                            I will get on the horn and find something.

Comment

I think you are missing the first one that comes out:

Must be your Water!

We have had fairly good response to a couple claims weve had, helps that I have a good retailer that goes to bat for me, usually get another round of chem, once got cash back. Worst problem its usually too late to do anything and the consequences of the poor spray job is beyond the value of reimbursement.

Having said that there were guys out doing burnoffs 3 weeks ago when the quack was just one leaf and no volunteer up yet. Other guys spraying prepass after crop been seeded 4 or 5 days. Lots of guys spraying at 20mph in the dust and wind. I'm sure the reps see enough farmer induced problems it isnt always easy to distinguish which is which.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.