• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Click image for larger version

Name:	F2ejzncpRAibNCecnD9xeA.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	777992

Wellspring has sprung the grass is dead its windy as hell and I would rather be in bed. Really sums up spring 2018. WTF is going on with the jet stream. East wind east wind and more east wind then a hot south-west wind to help dry up things. Well, fields that had a few potholes a week ago have changed, some still muddy but most gone like the wind.

So here is the crop report for Friday.

All peas are in the ground and sprouting, Early barley is all seeded and our Wheat is over half in. Canola starts today with rig two as I decided with rig one to find a frost boil and drop. Two hours later and one new pull strap we were out and then a half hour to clean mud out and start up again.

Some days your the bug and some you're the window.

The farm is at 46% done as of last night.

The first week did have issues with small little useless repairs that took you down for two hours. On one of the KW trucks blew a fan belt and it took off a sensor so had one picked up in City from Cat and they said its the correct one, yea two pins not one pin. 55 min back in and 10 pick up and 55 back to screw in a sensor that the computer needs to run. Really tec is awesome. FML.

The dry conditions have had some farmers that had a better first week to slip the tractor into neutral and take a few days off to see if the main event will happen or is it the same BS environment Canada promises rain then a day before it's down to 40% and nothing. Few Canola bags are going back. I did drop an extra 300 acres that I was going to try a new variety. It's not worth it just do what has worked and hope, pray whatever is needed to get some decent weather and grow a crop.

Name:	X%NEkZFmQS2pdWsd3J0jwg.jpg
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	777993

Now I have to give a big thumbs up to Blairs for getting us our Anhydrous out on time. Only one morning did they somehow forget to fill tank two. But I think one truck had an issue at Regina that night. Be careful out their guys.

The wind is awful and it is drying out the ground real bad. Seed come back a day later and wow is it dry in the trench not as bad as 1988 but makes you wonder.

Fire bans are everywhere from the parks to RMS. But there is always that one guy lighting in a 50 km wind its a controlled burn you know. WTF.

So did see a few fields were they are up and nice rows. But these were seeded on Friday or almost two weeks ago.

Most I would say have hit the 50% mark few smaller guys with nice size equipment are actually done south of the valley. South of the valley is dryer and I think the rain last night misses or was piss all.

Rain is needed in the next two weeks or straight cut canola will be needed to swath with some plants growing and some coming after the rain and some never grow at all. So three stages make straight cut a shit show.

Pastures definitely need rain bad grass is growing but really not well, trees are so slow to leaf it's also painful to see. Frost must have been really deep.

Stuck so far two times yesterday was a total shit show but all is well and safe and no damage and on we go. Yes, grass below the ground was still wet its the surface that's drying out.

Last nights lotto max might have gone to some guys just east of our yard. Something was sure brewing but I don't think it made Melville or Yorkton. Lightning was one great show and wind.

On to politics since we cant all talk about just how dry it is or who got a shower or not.

Our Pm has got an H Degree. Not smart enough for a real one so some stupid USA University gave him an H degree. WTF.

THe Liberals Also feel Isreal should let Palestinians cross the border freely like the new Canadians he is bringing in. Yea Jt that will work out so well.

Oh and on the Liberal F$%K up of the week Ralph again was on TV trying to not say a thing about an ISIS fighter who is back home living in Canada and was interviewed by a big USA network that he took part in killing people in the fight. Wow, Liberals that makes the rest of us feel warm and fuzzy.

I really think we're doomed as a country.

So with another week gone and its still dry and windy maybe plan B is about to take place. Drew has the jet stream changing for a brief time and it will allow rain into East Sask and Manitoba but again he said brief time. Ah, that's not warm and fuzzy feeling Drew.

So as the final push to plant 18 is here and we all are looking skyward for rain be careful and remember the ones at home are way more important than any crop.

Ralph please do the honourable thing and step down and don't run because I feel you will lose so bad this time it's not even funny.

Name:	yEfHUu8FThWgiEcEDvv4OQ.jpg
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	777994

Ah our old friend the East wind is back today lets let some more moisture blow away.

Comment

Eagles land tonight in Regina my first album I got and still have. Been to the Hotel California.

60% chance of rain asa diehard I hope it rains

Comment

A 5 billion dollar project going on right now in saskatchewan and the only guys not getting paid are the ones that take the risk......no other business has this model.....name one...

Every leech is getting paid every two weeks.

Comment

Well lotto max for Rain was the town of Edgeley. Water sitting I almost shit. Crossed the valley and a whopping 2.5 tenths with the others it’s 1/2 in all spring. Yah! Cough laugh cry!

Comment

The pattern continues ?

Hope not for this area.
            Good to see rains going to dry areas.
            Would have liked to get this one though.
            Getting dryer and harder every day now

Comment

2.5 tenths will do some good, no?
              Many areas got nothing, nadda, zip

Comment

We are going to miss this one , the set up will give us nadda , zip zero as well this time

Comment

Must of been one hell of a wind just checked weather station in fields and yea it’s 1/4 of a inch still cough spit sputter. One on west side deck on house gauge had 2/10. But layers met.

Seeded last Friday

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post

Eagles land tonight in Regina my first album I got and still have. Been to the Hotel California.

60% chance of rain asa diehard I hope it rains
                    Me too , my first 8 track

Comment

We are at 75% done.
                      3/10ths of rain and still drizzling.we don't need much..
                      First wheat seeded is up.
                      Seeding is fun for the first time in many yrs.no water puddles to go around and no lumpy mess after drill went over..For us a great start to the yr.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                        A 5 billion dollar project going on right now in saskatchewan and the only guys not getting paid are the ones that take the risk......no other business has this model.....name one...

Every leech is getting paid every two weeks.
                        Nobody wants to take this kind of risk for nothing. But it might just be that for some people, or next to nothing.

I don't care if your financially sound as a rock or living on the financial edge, our intent is to make a bit of money.

It is amazing the amount of people who make a living off the Primary Producer though. Then I ask myself, why should I take all the risk?

Maybe I won't pay some bills this year and see how the rest of the Industry likes not getting paid. Only difference is I can't collect, or attempt to collect, 2%/month on the money(compared to goods and services by the Industry) I put out and may not get back!

Comment

Farma we do it till it gets old, 100's cash in every year. They no longer feed the leaches. Radar most colorful Watrous -Humboldt-Wynyard and Wadena. Lottery paid here, 1/2" and drizzling. Now even our worthless drill's germination is equal to 1/2 million dollar paralinks/hawks/contours. But depreciation is near zero cost per acre.

Comment

You hit the nail on the head we spend billions to grow a crop take all the risk only to be given the scraps and told the market knows best. How abou starve you mother F$&kers! Pissed I just sunk the drill

Comment

The ups and downs of agriculture - I'm sure we all feel it - from the euphoric highs to the lows often within a day! At the end of the day we can all decide to sell up any time we want and retire very rich, there are always buyers for the land. We have options that hundreds of millions around the world will never have and for that we should be grateful.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.