• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seacan containers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seacan containers

What do I need to set a seacan on. They tell me a gravel base is all I need, but it needs to be very level for the large hinged doors to work.
    Spend 1/2 hour lookin in machinery and repair but found zip.
    Some say need air flow underneath to avoid rust. Do I need to use railway ties to build a gravel base and true it up? Also a air vents a must for ventilation?
    Thanks for replies.

We put our container on ties on a gravel base. We get airflow, and the ties made it easier to level. The only downside was that it raised the entrance for putting lawnmowers, quads and motorcycles into storage.

No ventilation added to ours. I'd be concerned that would be a way for water to get in.

Comment

We have ours on Railway ties and gravel base that way doors open nice. Build a ramp if you need to put car in or lawn mowers. I wouldn't put vents why get rodents or dust in. Best thing we ever bought for nice storage that has no issues.

Comment

Ive never seen one without a vent or two. Like 8 3/4" holes near top of side walls. Sometimes humidity can get bad and they can also get quite hot if not painted white.

Comment

I saw some real neat ones at rb auctions than had double doors at both ends and 3-4 sets of double doors on one side. They would make great parts storage with shelving on the long side without doors. You wouldn't have to stumble across everything to get to the back like the ones with only doors on one end. Lots of access points but how well do these things really seal? They had heavy rubber seals on all doors but don't know how long it would last or how rodent proof they'd be. .....they sold for about 10K.

Comment

most sea containers have a metal vent in one or two corners.
            i wouldnt go cutting in shit.

Comment

Yeah there are vents up high in all containers I believe. They are kind of hidden away but they are there.

Gravel and ties sounds nice but I think it can sit pretty much anywhere. We have had many contianers for years and we have dragged them around with the tractor to change locations. Leave em sit where they lie. No site prep. Seems to work just fine.

It you had them on very uneven site and loaded heavy I am sure it could twist a bit but nothing a little 2x4 under one corner couldn’t fix

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...