• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Self driving technology

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self driving technology

Uber car kills pedestrian

So buy a new car and tell me how many malfunctions in electronics you have? Add in winter rain hail hot are these really the future? If so better make safer cars.
    Junk yards will love this.

It was natural selection.

Person was not in a crosswalk, and didn’t know that it was a Uber vehicle. Many in the usa jump in front of vehicles hoping to survive and live with insurance money. The vehicle is full of cameras and sensors, it’s not the technologies fault, or the driver that was in the vehicle.

Get rid of distracted driving, that will save lives.

This and other similar events have to happen, this will speed up the adoption.

Comment

Because we all know that cars with drivers never cause any accidents or run over pedestrians. And we also know that humans have much faster reaction time than electronics, and that humans never get distracted like computers do. I say we should ban all self driving technology due to this one incident. Lets stick with killing each other with cars the old fashioned way.

I still say it won't be the self driving cars that will cause accidents it will be the remaining cars with drivers, once all cars are self driving, the roads will be safer than they have been since the invention of the wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
        Because we all know that cars with drivers never cause any accidents or run over pedestrians. And we also know that humans have much faster reaction time than electronics, and that humans never get distracted like computers do. I say we should ban all self driving technology due to this one incident. Lets stick with killing each other with cars the old fashioned way.

I still say it won't be the self driving cars that will cause accidents it will be the remaining cars with drivers, once all cars are self driving, the roads will be safer than they have been since the invention of the wheel.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20180311_151454.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	766346

10 days ago - March 11, 2018

The only reason Hunter and I are still alive is because of the computer's reaction time. 11 devices reacted in 1/100 of a second. First two took out the rear motor mounts so the engine didn't enter the cab - next 9 were airbags.

Comment

Good for you Larry, technology while your in control is one thing while your not is another. The combo makes a great improvement. No way sensors can determine road conditions changing as a human can see and feel.
          No way will it work in our changing climate without massive probkems.

But go ahead be a crash test dummy they better have all those safety features Larry s vehicle has and more.

Also it sure isnt much of a deal to see a human or was it? That should be the easiest thing to be seen by that vehicle with all those sensors.

Comment

Big wheel you have a lot of faith in the human element.
            I feel more and more the opposite. No awareness, no logic, no survival skills etc. Entitlement.

Stand under a crane when a load is lowered expect the obvious. Step off the curb...

Perhaps the vehicle that hit Larry( if it was autonomous) would have sensed what was about to happen, and would have prevented it?

Comment

Originally posted by Rareearth View Post

Perhaps the vehicle that hit Larry( if it was autonomous) would have sensed what was about to happen, and would have prevented it?
              Exactly, and if they were all autonomous, and all knew where every other vehicle was at all times, accidents could be prevented even before they get close enough to see eachother, such as a blind intersection or hill, whiteout conditions, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                Exactly, and if they were all autonomous, and all knew where every other vehicle was at all times, accidents could be prevented even before they get close enough to see eachother, such as a blind intersection or hill, whiteout conditions, etc.
                https://youtu.be/i6IyS9YiXRE https://youtu.be/i6IyS9YiXRE

The technology in my car was 17 years old. This video is 2018 tech.

Comment

If your a shitty driver this is good for you maybe until it gets cloudy and gps hoes down while your doing 110 down the freeway. Lol

Comment

In either Louisiana or Texas we passed a vehicle and my wife turned to me and said their is no one driving that car then she looked again and said i dont think any one is in the car.

It was for power company or something like that delivering stuff.

Kind of weird seeing that.

Larry that car is wow wiped out. You are very lucky.

Oh your Power Ball ticket didn't win that day see you in Cayman Islands. HAHAHAHAHAH

Comment

There goes Canada’s worst driver show!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...