• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is facebook DEAD!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is facebook DEAD!

If you own shares it was one hell of a rough few days. Billions wiped out over a stupid decision to sell info on its users.
    Facebook has lost around $64 billion in market value after a series of reports earlier in March showed a GOP-aligned analysis firm improperly accessed personal data from tens of millions of users, according to a report Tuesday from Axios.

Facebook is struggling to absorb criticism after the company suspended data analytics firm, Cambridge Analytica, for reportedly working with President Donald Trump’s campaign team to gather private information in the runup to the 2016 presidential election. Company CEO Mark Zuckerberg also became $5 billion poorer Monday afternoon as reports are taking their toll.

The multi-billion-dollar social media platform claims disbarment of the firm is necessary to ensure people’s information is protected and user data isn’t being manipulated. Reports about Facebook’s inability to address Cambridge Analytica’s activity could generate calls for new user privacy regulations.

Facebook allowed University of Cambridge psychology Prof. Aleksandr Kogan to develop an app to collect data on friends using features such as “likes.” The company inadvertently gave Kogan powers with unintended consequences, and upon figuring out his tactics and purposes, it barred the alleged violators. Kogan was reportedly able to create more than 50 million profiles using the trend and characteristics data before providing them to Cambridge.Hm Deere and some of these other companies should maybe take lessons from this.

DATA off my farm is my farms data not the bullshit company that created it and thinks its theirs even after i spend thousand and thousands on purchasing it.

DATA is yours and some of these bullshit companies are going to learn its the consumers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	nlLKM%ABSwKukRQuMxHFYQ.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	777934

I think the one on the left is sending something right now. Better go unhook the battery

Comment

How can anyone be surprised about this? We leave miles of trails for data miners to follow everyday....

Facebook will survive, people are addicted to it. I don't even have an account.... I don't think I need it.

What a farce, it was a status symbol to see who could have the most "friends"..... what a bunch of gullible people creating a network of paths for anyone to follow....

Is Agriville any better? Obviously much smaller but...
      Last edited by farmaholic; Mar 21, 2018, 08:20.

Comment

It doesn’t surprise me but the Data harvest is billshit. They charge a fortune for equipment and then harvest more than you do

Comment

Went to a climate view presentation the other day.....asked where the data went when it was shared with John deere ....was told it was read only....

That's the question.....who's reading it.....that stumped him....

Comment

Privacy rights need a drastic improvement.
            Off topic but any drone over my yard gets whacked. Lol
            Seriously the argument is it's the same as driving by ...no it isn't I planted trees for privacy what the hell does someone need to fly over a persons yard or have the right to google earth your home? None.

Comment

about time facebook is loosing it was never very smart reading , just because it is hidden free ha ha ha !
              dump it and get back to normal live pattern and do some work !

Comment

Ahh yes Big Data. Todays Big Brother.
                Data analysis as a science began in London during the WW II.
                Theories developed then helped find Bin Laden.
                So it is not a stretch to use it for voter studies and the progression to manipulation.

I love the Cloud and most it brings. But I'm also old enough to have learned critical thinking skills.
                Something I'm afraid the younger generations seem to lack. Familiarity is the curse.
                Facebook, YouTube and Google have long been censoring their content.
                Rightly so regarding illegal activities. Definition of immoral can be a moving target.
                Users are not the censors but the companies themselves.

They understand the power their companies hold and are the instigators of social change.
                Increasingly fewer videos involving guns will be allowed on YouTube for instance.
                We should not be surprised they were used for political gain.
                The question is, who would be comfortable with some of our current political leaders controlling what we see on social media??? Consider the salivating tax departments.
                To rob from Churchill. Never have so few controlled so much for so many.

Pandora's box is open. Much of it is good. But how do we keep the bit in it's mouth??
                I preach this to my kids everyday.
                To all those with kids or grandkids, you should at least have accounts to expose yourself to what they are seeing. Click every privacy box!!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                  How can anyone be surprised about this? We leave miles of trails for data miners to follow everyday....

Facebook will survive, people are addicted to it. I don't even have an account.... I don't think I need it.

What a farce, it was a status symbol to see who could have the most "friends"..... what a bunch of gullible people creating a network of paths for anyone to follow....

Is Agriville any better? Obviously much smaller but...
                  I never gave them my real name, birthday ans naver post anything of my grandkids or kids. I never trusted the safety.

Comment

What is Facebook?

Comment

Like it or not it is the new classroom for a lot of people.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...
                      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.