• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Agristability

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agristability

Just got our "subscription" fee for Agristability of $1700. Has anyone ever had a payout from this program ?? IS ANYONE STILL IN IT ?? Why ?

That's too much information Gofer

Comment

Is the deadline the same as SCIC to sign up or renew?
      March 31st is deadline for crop insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by Gofer View Post
        Just got our "subscription" fee for Agristability of $1700. Has anyone ever had a payout from this program ?? IS ANYONE STILL IN IT ?? Why ?
        Have you received anything from your house or equipment insurance this past year?

Life insurance?

Its a form of disaster insurance. We can debate what is good and bad.

We can all agree we have had some very very good years the last 8-10. Not perfect in every year but still amazing profitable. Is it reasonable to expect a payout??

Comment

Be interesting if the changes they are making to program benefit the govt or the farmer knowing the liberals I prob know the answer.I always wonder if being in crop insurance and agstability both are a waste my premium for agstability is like 5100 bucks.

Comment

Was involved with discussions and meetings leading up to safety net programs.
            Thought that government subsidized production and revenue risk management programs were risky for governments and taxpayers in that they tend to reward risky behaviour.
            Have come to believe they may be as good as any other solution to politicians distributing money to primary producers.
            Has put Canada and U.S. on similar path that is more acceptable in trade agreements.
            Remember other ad hoc programs and attempts like LIFT(lower inventory for tomorrow),wheat board quotas and subsidies, EEP(export enhancement program), LDP( loan deficiency payments) and more.
            As for not everyone not getting their same share of subsidy money, solution might be to leave it with taxpayers.

Comment

Rewarding risky behaviour is the biggest crock of shit i have every heard.

FLOOD F#$Ks up the best plans, i can control every thing but not GOD!

Frost cant control that know matter how much liberals spew hot air.

Fire cant control that.

Snow cant control that.

Hail can buy and protect my farm.

So risky behaviour F@#K we farm.

And all the programs of the past i remember a political say we cant compete with the USA treasury or Europe so canadian farmers good luck you Poor BAS$%DS hope you make it.

Comment

Thats the type that attends these meetings, Oh my neighbour might get ahead of me attitude and not understand that when farmers are successful all rural does good.

Really guys like that fail farmers every day.

Comment

I got one check way back after the 2004 frost. If any one was farming back then it froze on August 5th or some time like that. It was a -5 or greater from midnight to 7 am.

Paid out in 2005 or 2006 after lots of back and forth. Then in 2010 they reviewed and took it all back.

Comment

The lag time on payout is a killer
                    Also have known of those who have made investments with the Ag Stability payout only to have it clawed back.
                    How do you unwind an investment profitably on short notice?
                    Are potential Ag Stability payments bankable? LOL

Comment

We had a portion of the 04 frost year's AgStab payment benefit clawed back too, it was too long ago to remember why. Change in crop selling prices used to calculate values, or change in carry forward inventory values? Obviously the quantity numbers wouldn't have changed.

With the old payout trigger back this program has some merit again.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...