• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fertilizer Spring 2018

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fertilizer Spring 2018

Well the fall purchasing fertiizer crowd are the smart guys in the room this year. Phos in my area Nov 2017-$590, March 2018-$700, sulpher Nov 2017-$350, March 2018-$455, NH3 Nov 2017-$0.42, March 2018-$0.48....big swing in 4 months. Comments?

......what ever the market will bear!

Put more on to grow more to pay for the increased cost and get paid less per unit for your crop. I know, I know....its hard to make sense of it.

Comment

Grow more and get less,what do you think would happen if you grew less ,mabey get more,but then it wouldnt look good to the neibours and that isnt good.

Comment

t
        Originally posted by Crestliner View Post
        Well the fall purchasing fertiizer crowd are the smart guys in the room this year. Phos in my area Nov 2017-$590, March 2018-$700, sulpher Nov 2017-$350, March 2018-$455, NH3 Nov 2017-$0.42, March 2018-$0.48....big swing in 4 months. Comments?
        same as the pricks do to us every year . except for 2008 .

Comment

If it's not bought before Dec 31st..they know it will be bought now...what choice do we Have? We are told to grow more for the starving world..

Comment

Like i always say "once you realize no one in the industry gives a F$%K about the Farmer and give you just enough rope so you don't hang your self and can do it again next year to feed them" You sleep real good.

No one gives a shit no one cares because their is no rhyme of reason why Diesel will go up this summer the Railways don't work the grain companies don't say their sales the market knows jack shit its all a game.

Comment

Case

"same as the pricks do to us every year . except for 2008"

When the pattern is that obvious, who's to blame when an opportunity is not taken?

Comment

Its real simple Farmers are a Easy group to manipulate. You tell a guy he's doing great big time operator and he actually believes it right up to the day he phones Richie Brothers.

Companies know that and do what ever they want.

We have no way to get ahead and they do give us just enough rope that were stupid enough to do it again next year.

I challenge those who don't think that to explain how companies really care about farmers.

Their bread and butter because none of the Companies would do the work.

Maybe drones will take over from us in the future then the companies can screw the world on food.

Comment

That old saying comes to mind IF THEY ARE STUPID ENOUGH tO GIVE IT I AM SMART ENOUGH TO TAKE IT. So who is wrong here.

Comment

It's kind of setting up like a margin crushing perfect storm on the Ag front. Have you guys priced out roundup lately? $7.50 a L.

At the end of the day we are going to need bushels from the 18 crop because I don't think the price per unit will be there.

Iceman Out

Comment

Well its my own fault not buying at least the phos and sul. I have a hard time pre-buying NH3 as no retailers want to participate, I could go back to 46...but I had a “bin experience” one time....So here I am at the beginning of Spring 2018 -$12.00 acre and the snow hasn’t left yet! My mistake...would have been good return on investment.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                        Case

"same as the pricks do to us every year . except for 2008"

When the pattern is that obvious, who's to blame when an opportunity is not taken?
                        Actually forage , we always buy aug or sept every year . Have made a lot of money. Except 08!, had to pay some back that year . Still dont make it right though

Comment

It’s all a farce. These ****ers are gonna get a rude awakening if we as farmers shut the tap off for whatever reason. Like SF3 says all these parasites living off our backs. The money we pump into this economy is unreal. Problem is we do it to ourselves with our own greed and the keep up with the neighbors mentality. More fert, fungicide, new iron, higher rent, expensive land, etc,etc. We pay more for all those things than our neighbors to the south and most guys just keep on spending and paying the high prices. Some where along the way u would think shit will hit the fan and a semblance of reality would re enter the equation but things just seem to continue on business as usual. I will take my medication now. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                            Scare tactics !
                            Lol, ****....what a wiseguy.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...
                            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.