• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flashback 2004

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flashback 2004

Felt like moving there the other day,cooled down a bit for a few days then back again next thurs fri sat 39c 43c 45c

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture cli.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	777863

70% chance of rain on the 45c saturday so storms incoming no doubt.

Occupational health and safety i send the workman home at midday unless we have something super important to do in the shop.

Do you guys expect you workman to work in super cold conditions apart from essential chores?

We do have duty of care laws so have to do the right thing.

Comment

Don't know what's worse - extreme heat or extreme cold. Jan 10 we got about a half inch of rain followed by a week of temps hovering around minus 27 to minus 35. The windchills were heading for 45 below, not to mention the fact that the roads and sidewalks were one big skating rink. Outdoor work was iimpossible. Even though we don't have laws that force us to stay inside, equipment around seed plants whines itself to death. You would have to experience the extreme cold to appreciate how it takes its toll on machinery, vehicles and all living things. When we travel in the US and elsewhere, people cringe when they hear that we come from the frigid North. Little do they know. And they don't even try to say Sask-at-chew-an 😂 Guess it is as bad as it sounds. 🙈 That's why SF3 and a few others head for the land of the never-ending Pina Coladas. 👍

Comment

I remember one summer we stayed in Greece and Turkey for 4 weeks and on a 47 day i hid behind a pillar to cool off. But its still better than -47 any day.

Comment

I believe there are regulations past -40. Windchill or actual depends on who you're regulating.
          Job type and situation.
          Might also depend on who you're working for and wether or not you want your job. But that has really changed over the years.
          Management or salaried?
          FYI. Unless your tending livestock. No farm operation I can think of would be profitable past -30 anyway. Trucks can roll at -50 if prepared properly but the increasing effects on material is exponential past -30. Interesting how glass like brittle shit becomes. Can't imagine the fuel you go through!
          Industry keeps moving situation specific of course.
          You really havent lived unless you've tried it once.
          Last edited by blackpowder; Jan 21, 2018, 10:45.

Comment

How do they propose to "check" global warming?

I'm pretty sure current scheme of taxing isn't going to change much

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
              How do they propose to "check" global warming?

I'm pretty sure current scheme of taxing isn't going to change much
              Same kind of IDIOTS that make it RAIN and STOP raining...oh ya climate Change Barbie...
              If those were here when ICE AGE warmed up they would have S*HIT themselves in their panic seeing glaciers disappear! Oh wish for those COLD ICE BOUND days Liberals!
              Last edited by fjlip; Jan 21, 2018, 13:56.

Comment

see its getting worse

Click image for larger version

Name:	26904062_10214999155717609_3198171277190522239_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	766173

Comment

Blackpowder,

Truckers all swear it's winter fuel, but I treated the snot out of 3000 gallons of summer fuel and burned it through the winter 3 years ago. Fuel economy on cold, breezy days still SUCKED! Hubs, and diffs even with synthetic oil are that much harder to spin. Everything takes that much more energy to get even close to operating temp. God I remember pulling a set of tankers with grease packed hubs. First 60 or so miles it acted like the brakes were dragging...

Comment

Extreme cold isn't fun.

Dont talk about 2004 that was a year it froze the first few days of August and was a cold ugly summer.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...