• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Working in Canada

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working in Canada

So... for a class 1 job, in addition to having the license, you now need safety tickets for Hours of Service, pretrip inspection, load securement and weights&dimensions.

In the oilfield, four tickets (TDG, WHIMIS, H2SAlive, Firstaid) got you a job anywhere.

Now theres a million and one more.

Thanks, government.

You wanna know why jobs and work are fleeing? This is an example why. The fact companies and managers can be held criminally responsible for their employee's actions. The off loading of all responsibilities from the individual to the corporation (and then government).

It's the end of a country.

And you wonder why everything is prohibitively expensive and takes forever.

Except maybe for drivers who cant speak English. Working for big extended family. Whose other company does their own cvips and getting license from in house examiner?

Comment

Local municipal council was considering a bylaw that I was allowed to address and challenge at council meeting.

I asked what council what they perceived the purpose of the bylaw to be.

The mayor almost fell out of his chair and almost shouted, "WE HAVE TO KEEP THE PEOPLE SAFE!"

And the bylaw passed...

Is that mentality the reason, Klause?

Comment

I quit the oilfield when they came up with anger management for catskinners.

Comment

A catskinner is just a buggy skinners with his brains pounded out anyway.

Comment

And they should. Especially pre trip. Trucks kill people when stuff goes wrong.

Its really not that big of a deal, its just some simple safety stuff. Get over it.

Comment

Weights and dimensions...somehow there has to be an attempt made to train guys so they quit smashing up infrastructure (overpasses)

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                Weights and dimensions...somehow there has to be an attempt made to train guys so they quit smashing up infrastructure (overpasses)
                Just finished the course. Spent another $600 on tickets for shit I already learnt... For my class 1 I had a 12 week course. Went through all of it. Got tested on all of it. Now I did it again.

Actually weights and dimensions just goes over how big is legal when you need permits and when you need pilots... Explained so a 4 year old gets it.

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
                  Just finished the course. Spent another $600 on tickets for shit I already learnt... For my class 1 I had a 12 week course. Went through all of it. Got tested on all of it. Now I did it again.

Actually weights and dimensions just goes over how big is legal when you need permits and when you need pilots... Explained so a 4 year old gets it.
                  Pity....and a ripoff for responsible operators. Should be able to challenge it and save some time and money

Comment

Welcome to North America, where safety trumps everything. Can't get shit done cause somebody might get hurt. Eventually it won't matter because it will be autonomous trucks and human-controlled vehicles will be banned completely to save tax generator lives.

Just like kids today. Need a goddamn helmet for everything but jerking off. Whatever happened to the kid that swallows too many marbles doesn't grow up to have kids of his own.

Comment

Originally posted by 15444 View Post
                      --Just like kids today. Need a goddamn helmet for everything but jerking off. Whatever happened to the kid that swallows too many marbles doesn't grow up to have kids of his own.
                      LOL....

Charles Darwin must have been a Conservative!

Comment

Klaus

"Truckers Scramble to Comply with New ELD Mandate"

This is what USA truckers have to content with.

"It's the end of the country" Do you ever stop bitching?

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                          Klaus

"Truckers Scramble to Comply with New ELD Mandate"

This is what USA truckers have to content with.

"It's the end of the country" Do you ever stop bitching?
                          ELD s

Are becoming mandatory here too.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                            LOL....

Charles Darwin must have been a Conservative!
                            Darwin? was he the guy that figured out evolution?

Comment

Maybe Darwin's theory couldn't be extrapolated into the future.....

But I belly laughed at the graphic.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...