• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Costa Rica

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costa Rica

Anyone spent or spends time in CR? Any comments about the diff areas, life in CR from Cndn point of view? Pars

Know someone has poverty there, will ask opinion sometime.Click image for larger version

Name:	CR.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	766165Click image for larger version

Name:	CR3.jpg
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	766166Click image for larger version

Name:	CR2.jpg
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	766167

Comment

Pacific side is great. Many nice little quite villages right on the coast.

Comment

I have family that go their every few years and are considering buying something their. I haven't been yet but the pacific side is awesome.

Comment

Costa Rica Abolished its military in 1949 and used money for education instead.
          So highly educated for this region and very Progressive Environmental practices as well
          My 2 daughters volunteered one summer at a Turtle conservation site
          Last edited by mustardman; Jan 19, 2018, 07:41.

Comment

mustard is right, the population is well educated, particularly for the region.(likely better than inner cities in the US)
            Spent a few weeks there, found the people more friendly than Mexicans. Toured the country from San Jose to the black beaches on the Caribbean side, then back across to the white beaches on the Pacific and returned to San Jose. Spent time in downtown San Jose on our own and never felt threatened. Traffic seemed organized and mostly sane. Know of others who have stayed on the west coast and some that have stayed on the east coast, none have reported problems. Looking at returning there next winter, maybe a VRBO on the west side.(will use Liberia airport this time)
            Really enjoyed Fortuna area, with the Arenal volcano/hot spa. Beautiful accommodations there*****
            FWIW, I've never seen more razor wire strung around peoples residents than in San Jose. It looked old, maybe from an earlier time, but just thought it should be mentioned.

Comment

Thanks so much for the info. Appreciate your time posting it. pars.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...