• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Son

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Son

Yesterday peaked out at 44.9 today 44c.

My son said lets move to canada he cant handle heat much over 36c and in winter when we have a cold showery hail type of a day with wind say 14c and wind chill makes it 10 or so hes often in short pants and t shirt doesnt bother him.

Doubt he would handle real cold......who knows he might find out one day

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
    Yesterday peaked out at 44.9 today 44c.

My son said lets move to canada he cant handle heat much over 36c and in winter when we have a cold showery hail type of a day with wind say 14c and wind chill makes it 10 or so hes often in short pants and t shirt doesnt bother him.

Doubt he would handle real cold......who knows he might find out one day
    45 doesn't sound like much fun , but neither is pissing out ice cubes at -48, like it was here for a few nights with windchill

Comment

You would be surprised. My son in law is from Australia. Has lived in Sask for seven years now. Soon as temp is ten Celsius he's in shorts. Grandson the same.

Comment

have to say i never saw anybody working in shorts

Comment

They won't allow me on the Caribbean beaches....the sun reflecting off my white legs burns the retinas of even the people who wear sunglasses.

Mallee.... I'd melt in those high temps you post.....gross!

Comment

Why would you come to Canuckistan? LOTS more opportunity in OZ by what you report on here and I have seen from other sources. Land is impossible to get without inheriting or marrying it. Finally higher rates may shake something loose hopefully.

Comment

Really not sure why shorts are definitely not a thing here. Only a few weeks hot enuf. Hell, I just go commando in coveralls then. Went to mexico once. Only time my legs ever saw the sun.
              Maybe lotta jobs here dont allow them?

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                have to say i never saw anybody working in shorts
                real farmers don't wear shorts.

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
                  real farmers don't wear shorts.
                  Agreed. I'm around too many sharp, oily/greasy things...

Comment

.....anyone ever handle small square hay and straw bales while wearing shorts?

Comment

Helmsdale

You hang around politicians?

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                        Helmsdale

You hang around politicians?
                        Nah... I heard that leads to brain damage. Maybe it's a grand delusion, but I think my elevator still goes to the top floor.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                          Nah... I heard that leads to brain damage. Maybe it's a grand delusion, but I think my elevator still goes to the top floor.
                          Mine too! But it's a one story high-rise.

Comment

I insist that Canadian men, and farmers specifically don't wear shorts. However, there are a few that have broken that rule, I'm trying to straighten them out. I'm the only guy on the beach wearing jeans and long sleeve shirt. No one wants to, or needs to see my legs.

Comment

im with you guys jeans 99% but more for snake bite than anything else

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...