• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

School Christmas Concerts

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

School Christmas Concerts

Yep...I did it....I called it the Christmas Concert dammit.

I am getting into jaded rednek territory but what the hell...it is the season.

Here is my perspective from the last week of repeated concerts and performances.

Everything I watch has an underlying message of sadness, despair and worry. The bleeding heart liberals are so damn scarred of offending someone with any humor, that they resort to stories of "no snow" "oh no..no santa"..and repeated songs of "how blue we feel". Also, too scared to sing any real christmas carols like "oh little town of bethlehem" or maybe "Away in a Manger" for fear that somebody in the school or crowd might have hurt feelings. Just turn down the lights and try to induce a few Trudeau style tears...and call it entertainment. I thought Christmas was about the joy and happiness of the season!

To kick it off our school principal starts off the concert tonight...(and yes it true you cant make this up).."Thanking the First Nations for the ability to have the concert tonight on First Nations land under Treaty 4" - this is at the most "suburbia" elementary school in the far South East of Regina. My jaw was on the floor for the rest of the night.

Madness of a lost society I guess.

I remember the Christmas pagent when I was little. It revolved around the holy night with a manger, Mary and Joseph, shephards, a bright star, Christmas carols and when it was done every child got a little brown paper bag with a Jap Orange, a Delicious Apple and some unshelled peanuts. Ukrainian Christmas and new years was especially fun when we used to take the old horse and sleigh and "seed" our neighbours. Now those of you who aren't UK probably don't know what I am talking about. Kids took wheat to neighbours (sprinkled on their doorstep), sang carols and wished them a good crop the coming year. The welcoming neighbours responded by giving us a drink and a goodly sum of money (for young kids). The more they gave us, the better the next year's harvest was going to be. Farma, now I know why the crops are always better around Canora. 😂

Comment

Originally posted by Ache4Acres View Post
      Yep...I did it....I called it the Christmas Concert dammit.

I am getting into jaded rednek territory but what the hell...it is the season.

Here is my perspective from the last week of repeated concerts and performances.

Everything I watch has an underlying message of sadness, despair and worry. The bleeding heart liberals are so damn scarred of offending someone with any humor, that they resort to stories of "no snow" "oh no..no santa"..and repeated songs of "how blue we feel". Also, too scared to sing any real christmas carols like "oh little town of bethlehem" or maybe "Away in a Manger" for fear that somebody in the school or crowd might have hurt feelings. Just turn down the lights and try to induce a few Trudeau style tears...and call it entertainment. I thought Christmas was about the joy and happiness of the season!

To kick it off our school principal starts off the concert tonight...(and yes it true you cant make this up).."Thanking the First Nations for the ability to have the concert tonight on First Nations land under Treaty 4" - this is at the most "suburbia" elementary school in the far South East of Regina. My jaw was on the floor for the rest of the night.

Madness of a lost society I guess.
      I don't get it about thanking first nations. That seems to go on at every school event Now all over the province! Haven't we thanked them enough already. Your going to have to recite that line on every field you work on at your farm soon.

Comment

....every time they receive a check
        ......every time they get a house built
        .........every time they get infrastructure built
        .........every time they get dental and eye care
        ........every time infrastructure gets maintained
        .......every time there is a land claim settlement
        .........every time they hunt or fish anytime they want
        ....... every time they get to use a treaty card
        .......every time there is an educational opportunity used.

Comment

Cue Chuck Chuck and Grass farmer calling out the racist talk in 5....4....3....

Comment

On another Christmas concert note...a good majority of parents at our kids school should be ashamed of themselves! As the grades went by with their skits the seats emptied out. When the grade 6/7 turn came there was nothing left but empty chairs. Loud talking during the concert. Whole families pushing their way out the minute their child was done only to visit loudly just outside the gym door. People apparently trying to translate the concert loudly in different languages or maybe just visiting. Who knows. It used to be that when a Christmas concert was on people sat quiet and everyone stayed right to the end. Not now. Nobody gives a hoot about anyone but themselves. The kids were great. They worked hard for their show. The parents and family they invited were an embarrassment!!! My wife said just that as she was leaving loud enough for people to hear and there were others that felt that way too. No wonder kids today are having such problems with this type of example being set for them. My boy has a video game and has had it for 2 years and still hasn't got to the end of it. He said to me the other day...you know my friend finished this game in 1 week. I told him that's all he does every day all day. That's going to be a problem.

Comment

That was at W.S. Hawrylak School?

Comment

I'd rather it be our indigenous than the border jumpers.

Comment

Look, I'm all for First Nations getting a leg up! It's been long enough already.

How about the school curriculum including a class that will help all of society move forward(computer, science, technology) instead of keeping everyone mired in the past(Native Studies)!

Every time I'm served in a store by a First Nations there's more of an effort made to thank them
                  Every time I'm served at a restaurant by a First Nations there's a little better tip given
                  Every time I'm entering or leaving a store I make sure I hold doors open for all people

I give my parents shit for making racist comments in front of my children!!! Things are changing...and it's about time.

Can't we get past this already? Maybe not, if self segregation and relentless reminders are used forever going forward!

Comment

I wouldn't call out racist talk but I've certainly never heard anything like the opening poster quoted said at a school Christmas concert in either MB or AB.
                    Tell you what I do see a lot of on Facebook feeds etc - a nativity scene with the caption "they don't want us to share this so let's all share it!" I always ask them who the "they" is and never get a response. This kind of fearful "the bad guys are out to get us" stuff with no substance is rather telling. It's usually the same people that post the "They want to introduce Sharia law" nonsense.

Comment

Imo the largest single problem in Canada right now is the lack of any real accountability or transparency with respect to first nations governments. If anyone asks tough questions they are a Racist.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                        I remember the Christmas pagent when I was little. It revolved around the holy night with a manger, Mary and Joseph, shephards, a bright star, Christmas carols and when it was done every child got a little brown paper bag with a Jap Orange, a Delicious Apple and some unshelled peanuts. Ukrainian Christmas and new years was especially fun when we used to take the old horse and sleigh and "seed" our neighbours. Now those of you who aren't UK probably don't know what I am talking about. Kids took wheat to neighbours (sprinkled on their doorstep), sang carols and wished them a good crop the coming year. The welcoming neighbours responded by giving us a drink and a goodly sum of money (for young kids). The more they gave us, the better the next year's harvest was going to be. Farma, now I know why the crops are always better around Canora. 😂
                        I think you might know where I live.... so drop by and seed my doorstep. I will serve you a good stiff drink(have a DD available) and give your kids some cash and a drink too!

I will return the blessing if you wish.

Merry Christmas Sumdumguy and take care!

Comment

Originally posted by bgmb View Post
                          Imo the largest single problem in Canada right now is the lack of any real accountability or transparency with respect to first nations governments. If anyone asks tough questions they are a Racist.
                          That's why I say things that aren't considered politically correct. Until these issues are addressed.... expect the same results!

Even the MMIW commission is a bit of a farce.... I think we all know what the root cause is. Now what are we going to do to change it? The changes need to start with the individual, then the home, then the community and anyone who wants to call me out..... go ahead! I never said it was going to be quick or easy!

Even if all these little things that are done develop a little more respect between everyone.... maybe that's all we can ask for for now.

Comment

I for one would stand with our First Nation Canadians any day over the Border Jumpers and Fake New Canadians were just allowing in. Sorry. Were Canadas first people.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                              Wow we got the same bag except I think there might have been a small candy cane in there as Well!!!!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...