• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

National Prioities

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National Prioities

Brain picking.

What are the top four most important issues in Canada 🇨🇦 that MP's must address. In your opinion. In order of importance. Thanks. Pars

1 economy
    2 govt spending
    3 Taxes
    4 trade

Comment

I would remove economy from that list. Government can only do harm to the economy, not help.

I know what should be at the bottom of the list, but somehow are at the top:

Legalizing marijuana
      Political correctness to the extreme
      Carbon taxes
      subsidies to unprofitable businesses, including renewables, Bombardier, and other friends of Liberals. (Include farmers in here too)
      Alienating our biggest trading partner at every possible opportunity.

Comment

First and foremost we need to improve our infrastructure and access to export markets be it for grain, oil etc.
        Certainly the carbon tax and regulations which reduce business competitiveness.
        Governments need to accept that our population is aging, this is going to create many problems not presently being addressed such as future costs of pension and medical care.
        The absolute moronic outlook in my opinion that if we shut down oil production in Canada it will reduce consumption, it will only make consumption in Canada more expensive!
        Last and not least, what Canadians will live on in 10-15 years after 40% of presents jobs disappear due to automation and pricing ourselves out of work. Just my thoughts.

Comment

Hamloc, are you saying your #3 priority is ramping up oil production? Just checking with you. Pars

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
            I would remove economy from that list.
            You listed the least important.

Is there something that would be the most important to you that you'd like, say, to get done or changed or improved? Priority. Pars

Comment

Originally posted by parsley View Post
              Brain picking.

What are the top four most important issues in Canada 🇨🇦 that MP's must address. In your opinion. In order of importance. Thanks. Pars

1. Heath care cost
              2. Health care cost
              3. Health care cost.
              4. Federal deficit.

Don't get me wrong I love out Health system...but it's far far far from perfect. If we don't figure out a way to control cost..we are doomed.

I don't know the exact answer..not smart enough. I think it start though by getting rid of unions, heafty taxes for pharmaceutical companies, etc. No easy thing to do I know but something needs to be done.

Comment

Originally posted by HappyFarmer View Post
                1. Heath care cost
                2. Health care cost
                3. Health care cost.

In your opinion, HF, is the cost-problem on the
                Staff side?
                Or the management side?
                The facility side?
                The drug side?
                Or offering too many services?
                Or other
                Pars

Comment

Hamloc, are you saying your #3 priority is ramping up oil production? Just checking with you. Pars
                  Pars, the environmental movement believes no more pipelines can be built, no more exploration, no increase in production. Do I disagree with that outlook, absolutely. I think if there are no opportunities or optimism about increasing production many exploration jobs will be cut. A lot of employment in the oil patch is exploration and drilling. My belief is that the oil will still be consumed regardless of the fake news predictions of its demise. As far as ramping up production? I would like to see increases in production, absolutely.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                    Pars, the environmental movement believes no more pipelines can be built, no more exploration, no increase in production. Do I disagree with that outlook, absolutely. I think if there are no opportunities or optimism about increasing production many exploration jobs will be cut. A lot of employment in the oil patch is exploration and drilling. My belief is that the oil will still be consumed regardless of the fake news predictions of its demise. As far as ramping up production? I would like to see increases in production, absolutely.
                    Thank you. I just wanted to make sure I wasnt putting words in your mouth. Important they are your thoughts and not mine. Pars
                    Last edited by parsley; Oct 13, 2017, 19:32.

Comment

In your opinion, HF, is the cost-problem on the
                      Staff side?
                      Or the management side?
                      The facility side?
                      The drug side?
                      Or offering too many services?
                      Or other
                      Pars
                      Good question. IMO it largely staff, facility, and drug side.

I think the Americans have a golden opportunity here....build a public Heath care system but starting from scratch, figure out a way to control cost right from the get go...don't let drug companies overcharge, control employee costs/unions, out of control staffing and facility cost.. Etc. I understanding inflation is always going to be a enemy but there has to be way to do it. How they would do it...i don't have I clue but if someone ever could figure it out it would be perfect.

Comment

Thanks, HappyFarmer pars

Comment

The MOST important political issue in Canuckistan by far is cutting the public sector pension plan into a defined contribution plan. The second most is removing equalization so that when Ontario goes down, it does not drag everything else down with it. Third is to deregulate and shrink government down so that it does not choke out entrepreneurship and private investment. Trade is not an issue worth bothering with since there is no country in the world taking in exports. The US wants less stuff dumped in its market and there are no other markets importing stuff so trade is a non issue. As for pipelines, the energy market is well supplied so we dont really need any pipelines built to anywhere. Let future generation pump some oil. Energy east should have gone ahead in order to displace Islamic oil but really for no other reason.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
                            The MOST important political issue in Canuckistan by far is cutting the public sector pension plan into a defined contribution plan.
                            Thanks AJL for your careful, well defined issues.
                            pars

Comment

1) preserving the culture and values of canada. Stopping muslim extremist immigration
                              2) cap gov spending
                              3) stop subsidies to private business
                              4) Remove red tape and regulation

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.