• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bayer sells to BASF

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bayer sells to BASF

For 7 billion bucks, Bayer dumps the liberty seed and chemical business.

[URL="https://www.wsj.com/articles/bayer-to-sell-assets-to-basf-for-7-billion-subject-to-monsanto-acquisition-1507877275"]https://www.wsj.com/articles/bayer-to-sell-assets-to-basf-for-7-billion-subject-to-monsanto-acquisition-1507877275[/URL]

Perhaps this explains why Bayer hasn't had any rebates or time limited discounts on Canola seed lately. |Either that or else they decided they have no competition left and we will buy regardless of price?

Comment

I’m not that disappointed as liberty trait is available to other companies In 2019. So all will have liberty seed some will actually out perform our 252 so maybe ok but what sucks is farmers are f8&ked again

Comment

How so?

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
          I’m not that disappointed as liberty trait is available to other companies In 2019. So all will have liberty seed some will actually out perform our 252 so maybe ok but what sucks is farmers are f8&ked again
          Couldn't agree more.

Competition is good.

Comment

Originally posted by HappyFarmer View Post
            Couldn't agree more.

Competition is good.
            It's Friday the Thirteenth not April Fool's Day! Competition in Ag... Not really.

Comment

Bayer knows there will be strong competition in the In liberty seed market .... time to bail .

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                Bayer knows there will be strong competition in the In liberty seed market .... time to bail .
                I think the RR seed market is much bigger and lucrative. ....patent issues with Liberty tech....follow Monsanto's lead.

Too late....

Comment

Does anyone know if the pod shatter technology went with the sale or did Bayer retain it and just license current varieties to BASF?

Comment

Gonna be some reps looking for jobs now

Iceman Out

Comment

Originally posted by iceman View Post
                      Gonna be some reps looking for jobs now

Iceman Out
                      Actually no, the employees are bought too, and i believe 3 years work. 300 in Canada.

Comment

Yes either the BASF Rep will be gone or the Bayer rep will be gone.

Farmers loose in these deals always do.

Competition bureau is Bullshit.

How is this good for farmers?

Comment

See, this is a good example of people speaking with absolutely no knowledge of the industry.

BASF doesn't sell seed. So SF3, why would they get rid of employees they don't have?

Comment

Two things as a farmer with the changing landscape I was happy to hear that these products went to a company that really wasn't in that space already.
                            As far as losing a rep I wouldn't even know if our Bayer rep left cause I didn't even know we had one .

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarms View Post
                              Two things as a farmer with the changing landscape I was happy to hear that these products went to a company that really wasn't in that space already.
                              As far as losing a rep I wouldn't even know if our Bayer rep left cause I didn't even know we had one .
                              They don't need reps because there is no warranty on liberty , lol

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.