• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting soybean close ..

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting soybean close ..

So lower soybean production , and a canola crop I still think will be below 19 .
    Sit and wait for now

Pretty strong day on a bean chart. Canola looked to have run into a wall of farmer selling. Initial short covering on the report was met with pretty heavy hedge pressure closing well off the high's.

Comment

maybe hit a wall ,but they're finding out $10.50 ain't gonna buy any canola here . lots of $11 already

Comment

I usually check the canola market multiple times per day, and days like to today are very common, it almost never closes at or even close to it's high. Beans and soyoil can both close at their highs, but canola will pull back every time. Not sure if us farmers just sell too much every time the market shows the slightest sign of life, or if merchandisers drive it down so all the grain that goes at spot price for the rest of the day is a little cheaper? It makes target orders a necessary evil.

Comment

Nov17 beans touched 999.375. Two levels of resistance kick in here. A close above this level would make for a very strong showing to end the week.
          Doubt that will happen.
          Best case going forward is for this area to hold.
          2nd best - staying above 9.84 today and next week
          The 9.70 area will now provide good support
          Nov contract a little long in the tooth but not dead yet

Comment

1000.25 close. Very good. If nothing else it is saying the lows are in.

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
              1000.25 close. Very good. If nothing else it is saying the lows are in.
              Hope so. China demand up, Brazil dryness, USA crop downgrade. All of the above or just technical/seasonal rally?

Comment

Once into Oct a bit soybeans often stage a rally till early Nov. Maybe 4%.
                Right now I would say it is both seasonal and technical.

Comment

Watching our local cash bids, I've noticed that with this little price bump basis levels have weakened in concert with rising futures prices.

Currencies and volatility are a factor but I'm sure there are other things.

Comment

[QUOTE=Braveheart;358704]Watching our local cash bids, I've noticed that with this little price bump basis levels have weakened in concert with rising futures prices.

Currencies and volatility are a factor but I'm sure there are other things.[/QUOTE

Can't let the producer have all the benefit of a rising market.

Comment

The run up in HRSW had the same thing happen with the basis. Hindsight says this was an indicator that good prices were not here to stay.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Minneapolis futures compared to SK avg 1 13.5 CWRS Oct 11 17.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	766045

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...
                      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.