• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dodge eco diesel

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dodge eco diesel

What are opinions on Dodge eco diesel?

I have a 2011 dodge 3500 Ram with Cummings diesel but don’t really need a 3500.

Was thinking of selling mine and buy or trade towards a used low km Eco diesel

I only have 182,000 km on my truck and I have seen Cummings in the dodge go for 1,000,000 km +

Not sure of the reliability of the eco diesel as it’s not a Cummings engine. Also will have to deal with def fluid.

Just going by coffee shop bs but some guys have lots of engine problems. I do know of one guy whose engine blew up on a new one while going through salt lake city so he left it there and flew home and after a new motor on warranty he drove it home and traded it in. May have been bad luck cause every brand has issues.

Comment

Could you provide more details on the real dodge?....I am looking for something

Ecodiesels have had their issues.....

Comment

Have a relative in Calgary who had one of these engines in a Grand Cherokee.
        Constant troubles on warranty since new, traded it off already on a Grand Cherokee with a hemi.

The only other options for smaller trucks now is a Nissan Heavy Half with a cummins diesel.

Ford will have a diesel in a half ton starting next spring.

GM hasn't put a 6.5L Turbo in a half ton since......???

Comment

I think gm has a diesel in the Colorado....

Comment

I have a 2016. Best little truck i have ever owned. (well except for my 05 2500 Cummins which i still have). The eco diesel is a good little truck lots of power very good on fuel. Consistently get 27-28 mpg. It has 70000 kms on it and has never ever given me a minute of grief. Have never had it back to dealer. Pulls a 16 ft cattle trailer a 14 ft toy trailer and 22 ft 5th wheel camper with no problem.
            I bought the plain jane tradesman series to avoid the 20 inch tires bullshit and all the chrome. It has 17 inch tires. The only thing i still can't get used to is the knob on dash for gear shifter instead of a lever.
            I add 5 litres of def about every 10000 kms and fill pipe is handy right next to fuel tank cap. I would definitely buy another one.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
              I think gm has a diesel in the Colorado....
              Yes i saw on on wednesday in nipawin. Its a duramax in a colorado

Comment

I have a 2014 with 122000 km on it have never had to do anything to it,really good on fuel. The one thing they don't tell you is the oil you have to use in it is expensive and it holds 10 litres but besides that a very good truck. I will be getting another one when I'm done with this one.

Comment

Originally posted by bullshead View Post
                  I have a 2014 with 122000 km on it have never had to do anything to it,really good on fuel. The one thing they don't tell you is the oil you have to use in it is expensive and it holds 10 litres but besides that a very good truck. I will be getting another one when I'm done with this one.
                  Diddo. Mine has 90000km. By far the best truck and engine I’ve ever had. City/hiway is 10.5L/100km. Easy 9per 100 on the highway Air ride is really good too

Comment

Thanks everyone for the info. Not sure what I am going to do yet might Hang onto my truck for a while yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Jagfarms View Post
                      Thanks everyone for the info. Not sure what I am going to do yet might Hang onto my truck for a while yet.
                      I’ll trade my ford 6 l powersmoke for your rattly Cummins. You can experience pure v8 diesel power if you change the faulty injector and chase out the mice.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...
                      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.