• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Useless Canadian Grain companies

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People want premiums for protein... until the year protein is in the crapper. Then all of a sudden it’s a way the companies are hosing farmers.

Which is why I laugh when people bring up wanting premiums for oil in canola. When that happens it’ll be déjà vu all over again!

Everyone, even the grain cos, were assuming the low moisture year would translate to a higher protein year. It didn’t for a lot of people. But they start working on sales before the harvest comes off so if they have sales for #2CWRS 13.5 px and most wheat is under 13 px, it’s not going to matter a flying **** if it’s a 1Red or not. The buyers want the protein more than the grade.

Next time you deliver to the terminal ask them how many different protein segregation’s they’ve got going on per grade.

Ergot, high moisture, even fusarium... those are degrading factors that can be manipulated easier than protein. The terminals aren’t willing to risk bringing in thousands of tonnes of low protein hoping they can find enough high protein to blend it up to the specs they’ve sold at. They’re businesses, not charities, some here seem to expect them to be the latter more than the former.

Comment

And again name a billionaire farmer. We now know why most Grain companies are because farmers and gov gave them the tools to screw people.

Yea paying on Canola oil contract and their goes that crop in the shitter
      Last edited by SASKFARMER3; Nov 1, 2017, 12:40.

Comment

well I guess if they sold high px , they have a problem . it will cost them same as when we can't honor a contract with them

Comment

I was expecting our Px levels to be in the stratosphere from this past growing season...not so. I think too much of my N got stranded in the midrow in too dry dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
            And again name a billionaire farmer. We now know why most Grain companies are because farmers and gov gave them the tools to screw people.

Yea paying on Canola oil contract and their goes that crop in the shitter
            Heard Bill Boyd is up there.

Comment

yea that was funny but one farmer who actually made it farming not friends in low places.

Comment

Blaithin, maybe Producer's are paying for the "Sellers" inability(penalty) to fulfill THEIR contract specs with their buyers?

Comment

Originally posted by Kinger View Post
                  Heard Bill Boyd is up there.
                  Funny thing is if you look at his public disclosure form, it only shows that he owns 11 quarters.
                  http://docs.legassembly.sk.ca/legdocs/Disclosure%20Statements/2014%20Disclosure%20Statements/Boyd%20-%20Public%20Disclosure%20statement%20-%202014.pdf

Comment

Dlyn you have no clue about me do you. I probably get better deals than most because they don’t f&$k around either come with a good one or don’t bother.

Yea I like to bitch but as farmers sitting on our hands works so good. We created billionaire Grain companies and most are family owned. Name a billionaire farmer out their.

Just saying
                    Actually, John, I do have a clue about you; I might even have two

Clearly you do well at what you do cause I don't see anyone else on here bitching at the same rate as you and then going off to Hawaii every year. And I'm not saying that you haven't earned
                    Those trips, and I'm not saying that you don't deserve to take them. I'm just saying that whining about getting ****ed and then bragging about your travel makes you look like a stupid hypocrite.

How about instead of bitching, you actually do something about it? Surely a guy like you who gets better deals than most cause the companies know to offer you the best or not call you at all must have some influence and be able to change things for the better.

Bitching on an anonymous forum is no different than sitting on your hands buddy!

Comment

Ouch that hurt!

you honestly can say farmers don’t get the shaft more times than they win.
                      Their is always something we have To deal with and adapt or perish

It’s marketing snd no one is doing farmers a favor

Comment

Ouch that hurt!

you honestly can say farmers don’t get the shaft more times than they win.
                        Their is always something we have To deal with and adapt or perish

It’s marketing snd no one is doing farmers a favor
                        Absolute right! Adapt or perish! That is the farming life.

I feel like I have a fairly good relationship with my buyers. And they have done me favours in the past. And if someone is short on a higher priced contract, I occasionally get a call to fill a contract like that.

I treat my buyers how I want to be treated: with respect! I'm not saying there isn't some
                        Dickhead buyers out there, but there's a lot of good ones. Same as farmers: lots of good ones; but also some dickheads

Comment

Originally posted by Dylan View Post
                          Absolute right! Adapt or perish! That is the farming life.

I feel like I have a fairly good relationship with my buyers. And they have done me favours in the past. And if someone is short on a higher priced contract, I occasionally get a call to fill a contract like that.

I treat my buyers how I want to be treated: with respect! I'm not saying there isn't some
                          Dickhead buyers out there, but there's a lot of good ones. Same as farmers: lots of good ones; but also some dickheads

There are good guys and rotten guys in both industries. We were special-crop buyers for a long time and we made a lot of good friends but there were some bad apples, some were actually "life-long friends" who weren't "good friends". Not much different than any other business, but really protein testers should give pretty similar results.

Little Humour: Do you know the difference between a friend and a good friend? a friend helps you move but a good froend helps you move the body. 🙄

Comment

Like any thing its the dickheads that screw up things for the rest of us.

I am always strait to the point and call a spade a spade.

Funny the one thing is i wish farmers would all get on the same page but that has been tried before and will be again some time in the future and always ends with same results we can't.

Sort of like this place not every one will agree with you and they shouldn't.

Comment

The guys who are quitting around here all have the same sentiment. ...they won't and don't miss the marketing scams, schemes and crookery.

Some people can deny it all they want but sometimes the uncomfortable truths hurt. Its not all bad but there's been enough to keep me wary!

And if you wonder about the cynical skepticism at times....fool me once-shame on you, fool me twice-shame on me. So I am on my guard......Seller beware.

Respect is reciprocal when I receive it.

Ya right....what do you think is easier to manipulate?... weak powerless prey or strong powerful link in the chain. ...everything is fine as long as you're bent over but heaven forbid you stand up!

Comment

Oh yea I’m working on it.

But looks like no wheat in 2017 when a 120 oats crop can pay more than a number 1 12.5 protein hrs crop and way cheaper to grow just need a picked up price for next year and well buy another swather and swath instead of spray and the Grain companies can keep killing malt barley and hrs and durum.

Crooks plain and simple highway robbery.
                                Why complain Harper and Ritz gave you wheat you wanted "Market Freedom" the only thing free about that is the wheat you are selling.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.