• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody buy lumber lately?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody buy lumber lately?

I do quite a bit of carpentry in my free time
    .. holy crap has the price of raw lumber gone up. Like doubled in some cases.

Anybody else notice?

Could be the 1000's of houses burned and flooded...

Comment

Ya buying a sheet of OSB these days will make you sheet your pants.

Comment

Carbon tax kicking in...
        Death to CDN economy.

Comment

Hurricane and Fire season just about done. Local plant was making OSB siding to value add but are now switching back to just straight OSB as demand is high and price is good

Comment

It's been this way since 100 oil. Nothing has gone down. And it won't.

Comment

Cousin owns a good sized mill and the wholesale price went up a $100/ 1000 board feet because the BC mills couldn't get logs with all the fires. He was happy😉

Comment

I thought there was a softwood lumber trade dispute going on. How is all tbis product finding it's way into the States?

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
                  I do quite a bit of carpentry in my free time
                  .. holy crap has the price of raw lumber gone up. Like doubled in some cases.

Anybody else notice?
                  you have free time ? lol...

Comment

8”x8”x24’ PT went from $235 this time last year to $600 here now. Something about not being able to get big spruce anymore and having to switch to fir

Comment

Originally posted by dalek View Post
                      8”x8”x24’ PT went from $235 this time last year to $600 here now. Something about not being able to get big spruce anymore and having to switch to fir
                      Those would be some heavy posts! We used to build lots of pole sheds with big posts. Pretty tough to get anything straight or dry that long anymore. Most have gone to laminated posts.

Did they still treat the fir poles? They should last forever

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
                        Those would be some heavy posts! We used to build lots of pole sheds with big posts. Pretty tough to get anything straight or dry that long anymore. Most have gone to laminated posts.

Did they still treat the fir poles? They should last forever
                        They treat the fir but not for as long as the spruce. I was planning a hay barn this fall, going to wait for next year and square up some white ash for posts this winter instead

Comment

Originally posted by dalek View Post
                          They treat the fir but not for as long as the spruce. I was planning a hay barn this fall, going to wait for next year and square up some white ash for posts this winter instead
                          Are the white ash dying up your way too? Will you be treating them, at least at the ground level?

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
                            Are the white ash dying up your way too? Will you be treating them, at least at the ground level?
                            Some are dying but it’s still pretty hit and miss. I’ll have to treat the bottoms with something

Comment

we got a building package this summer from Goodon and I got them to send some extra 2x6x12' . they were exactly half the price from Goodon of the lumber yards here at $3 a piece

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.