• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Impressive harvest action video - Monette Farms by EpicJib Aerial Media

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its a free country, if you dont like it out bid them but don't sit on your hands and whine like a bunch of babies.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
      My helper is of the new generation and never farmed. He notes grain spills from swing auger, tipped over sample pails, old samples, leaky bin doors etc etc. He says he could make a living on spilled grain......
      Opportunities abound with low quality, light, weedy grain or seed cleaning plant by-products too. I know guys feeding hogs with stuff that was free apart from a nominal delivery charge on a local haul. Free feed and selling pork at a price that leaves a margin greater than the total price a conventional producer gets for his hogs. Like a lot of immigrants these newcomers have to work harder and smarter than established producers to break in. Sometimes it just takes outside eyes to see the opportunities.

Comment

I'm not really against big farms but why does everyone slam Hutterites colonies but idolize this Monette guy it's the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by sofa.king View Post
          I'm not really against big farms but why does everyone slam Hutterites colonies but idolize this Monette guy it's the same thing.
          No it is not the same thing.. This monette guy has 50 plus employees that ALL pay personal tax.. Somewhat different..

Comment

What do you mean the hutterite people don't pay taxes. ....you don't think their accountants haven't figured a way out of accessing money from the government programs ?

Really....accountants set up the tax scams. ....KPMG ring a bell?

Too funny .....just a good chuckle for the day.....

Comment

A: Hutterites lost their religious tax exemption status in 1961. Colonies pay taxes on net income divided by the number of colony workers older than 18. They do not collect premiums for the Canada Pension Plan or social assistance.

Reg Shandro, an accountant who works with Hutterite colonies, said like all farmers, colonies are able to “massage” their taxes bill. New colonies with plenty of bills and little income don’t pay much tax, but mature colonies pay a lot of tax.

Comment

Monette farms is being financed by Pattison ag I think old jimmy Pattison is getting some pretty good tax deductions out of this deal. A lot of farms don't have hired men but they support a lot of tax paying people every year by just doing normal farming business.

Comment

If pattison is financing it seems odd that they would have Red equipment.

Three farms swift, and two in Regina area?

Comment

They have an approx 16-17,000 acres in the Kroneau area. Friend of my brother farmed 5000 of it, and was told to hit the road.

Comment

Originally posted by sofa.king View Post
                      Monette farms is being financed by Pattison ag I think old jimmy Pattison is getting some pretty good tax deductions out of this deal. A lot of farms don't have hired men but they support a lot of tax paying people every year by just doing normal farming business.
                      I don't think that's right about jimmy.

Maybe if the wests version of the Taliban gave equal rights to the opposite sex they would be given more respect in the Ag community. But hey it has worked well hiding behind religion so why change it now.

Iceman Out

Comment

Check it out Pattison is involved I don't think Monette choice of equip means anything to Pattison there is a lot more to it than selling iron.

Comment

Monnette is Redheads frontman smoke n mirrors

Comment

From my understanding he or Pattison just bought 11 quarters for $4000/ac. Heck I would sell for $3800 maybe $3500 if you catch me on a good day.

Comment

Where was it Bigzee? Between Calgary and Edmonton?

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                                Where was it Bigzee? Between Calgary and Edmonton?
                                Not too far south of you.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.