• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will make most money on beans and lentils this year. Did very well considering rain amounts.

Comment

Peas, half the yield of last year but over twice as easy to harvest than most years because they didnt go down (yet)...
      "Noticed" the pea weevil for the first time this year, I'm not saying they weren't here before but this is the first time I noticed them, saw them on the cutter bar...there's always "something"!

Canola, had some diamond back feeding. No major color change yet.

Flax changing color....no Headline fungi this year.

Wheat ripening...tillers still green and filling....how? I don't know....

Basically no rain yet from the current system tracking through.

I imagine soybeans around here will need a good drink if they are expected to have a decent yield. They're not near as lush as they were in past years. Got to have a closer look at some local fields, we didn't plant any.

Work safe!
      Last edited by farmaholic; Aug 5, 2017, 06:37.

Comment

Big wheel your beans are in the bin? Or was that last year.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
          I will make most money on beans and lentils this year. Did very well considering rain amounts.
          Hmm you must have magic beans?

Comment

Just got done looking at some beans. The way I see it is the potential is still there for some of the soybean fields, unlike some of the earlier seeded short season crops. That being said, there is both good and not so good looking soybean crops in the area, depending on what soil their planted on and weed pressure. Some guys are having issues with the RR canola in theirs, I would think a heavy stand of volunteer canola will kick the shit out of the beans.... too much lost nutrients(phos) and moisture

Comment

Not in the bin just coming along ahead of last year and as nice is all I m saying for now.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...