• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stats Can Stawkers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
    Another one of their callers is using:
    1-800-461-1662
    They use multiple different numbers from different offices. I think I have blocked at least 8 of them. If I am home, I answer, wait for the "I am phoning on behalf of Statistics Canada", CLICK, and enter number into call block. If the answering machine gets it, scroll through numbers and block all the government numbers.

Comment

They phoned and i answered their questions.

Hate it because its unbelievable that in 2017 a survey takes months to be put together after the info is collected.

Ah computer program ready the next day.

Get with the times JT and change this.

Ok ill even vote for you if you go.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
        They phoned and i answered their questions....
        Finally SF3 contributes the first sensible reply to a post! Well done.
        Most of the other comments remind me of the kooks that used to live in the bush west of the 5th. Hairy, bearded guys driving beat up old camouflaged trucks with bumper stickers like "I love my country ...but I don't trust the Government" and "Mr Bush would you please overthrow our regime next?"
        Is that the image a 21st century agriculture sector wants to portray?

Comment

I can't believe anyone on Agriville, still answers a home or cell phone, without knowing who's calling!
          A toll free, a 800# or unknown area code, even unknown prefix, never gets picked-up here. If it's important, they'll leave a message,,,,then I'll decide, if I want to call them back.
          If your answering unknown calls, you must be bored and desperate for human interaction or your not very busy.

Comment

Agree with danny.
            Grass makes a point with a sledge as usual.
            Speaks to the waste of money really. The info is useless obviously so find a better way.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
              Grass makes a point with a sledge as usual.
              Working with some pretty thick skulls blackpowder!

Comment

Statistics Canada is now requesting banking information for 500,000 Canadians.

Trudeau is defending this!!!!!

Comment

May be he wants to know where Omar is spending that ten mill.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                    Finally SF3 contributes the first sensible reply to a post! Well done.
                    Most of the other comments remind me of the kooks that used to live in the bush west of the 5th. Hairy, bearded guys driving beat up old camouflaged trucks with bumper stickers like "I love my country ...but I don't trust the Government" and "Mr Bush would you please overthrow our regime next?"
                    Is that the image a 21st century agriculture sector wants to portray?
                    Ummm....... I live west of the 5th in the bush (the coal mine and us neighbors are solving that problem) usually grow a beard for the winter, drive old pickups that are camouflaged in mud and cow poo. I don’t consider myself hairy and old though.

I used to care about politics but have become apathetic as they’re all a bunch of pompous pricks in it for themselves.

Not sure if that makes me a “kook” or not?? I don’t trust the government to look out for me either though. Do you want to rely on them?

Comment

My neighbour got a water survey from “the feds” and he quickly filed it...... in file 11.

Comment

I just start asking them questions like what they did with the last information that said there was a rail backlog in 2013 ...doesnt seem that the statistics helped change much....

I ask them what they make because I am doing a survey on government payroll that seems to be in a real ****ing mess due to phoenix....its very similar to farming because you don't get paid for the work we do....

Maybe we can work together on this....next question....big sigh....click...

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                          My neighbour got a water survey from “the feds” and he quickly filed it...... in file 11.
                          A whole Stats Can department wants information on our irrigation water use except there is no irrigation around here or anywhere near us. Got GPS doofas?

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                            A whole Stats Can department wants information on our irrigation water use except there is no irrigation around here or anywhere near us. Got GPS doofas?
                            Didn't you see what Ralph announced the other day about drought proofing.....there is a strong force lobbying for highly subsidized irrigation for the province ....they lobby under the disguise of creating jobs and an economy ...but it never happens....the truth is irrigation farmers within some of these districts are the highest subsidized farmers in Canada....

Look at the stats ...the upfront project costs and the operating costs paid for by government and never repaid to the taxpayer....

Even the GTH had a link to higher production if the Quappelle south project goes ahead at now close to 2 billion dollars to irrigate the some of the most productive dryland in the area....that in order for it to be irrigated they have to tile drain 50000 acres also using taxpayer money.

Comment

Silly question here. Does irrigation and drainage tile come as a “set” ?
                              There could easily be flooding if irrigation water not monitored and massive rain events.
                              Along with drain tile, there would have to be some kind of organized drainage from the field back to the watershed that would not interfere with neighbors properties.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
                                Silly question here. Does irrigation and drainage tile come as a “set” ?
                                There could easily be flooding if irrigation water not monitored and massive rain events.
                                Along with drain tile, there would have to be some kind of organized drainage from the field back to the watershed that would not interfere with neighbors properties.
                                it would be a cluster**** of a project....

****ing guys within the catchment area of that project won't even put up 2200 per quarter to see if their land can be irrigated but then how the **** are they going to find the other 150000 to put up a pivot????

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.